39. Wolves And Gifts.

Chapter Thirty Nine:
Wolves And Gifts.

"Say Kaaaaas!" I excitedly let out while holding the phone higher so the four of us fit into the frame. I didn't click when I saw Normani, Lauren and Lola on the screen, looking at each other in confusion.

"What does that even mean?" Normani asked me looking at directly, while I kept my eyes on the phone and a smile on my face.

"It's Dutch for cheese." I explained nonchalantly, while the three of them let out a chuckle and rolled their eyes.

"Oh, how clever. Just take the picture already." Lauren commented with a nudge, while we all got ready for the picture, seconds before I took some.

"Even though your voice is dripping with sarcasm, I will choose to ignore it and take that as a compliment." I told Lauren with my head held high, while handing Normani her phone back so she could see the pictures.

"Wouldn't have expected anything else from you." Lauren told me with a pat on my shoulder and the four of us inspected the pictures together.

"Alright, guys! Your attention, please?!" Coach Saunders spoke up loudly, calling us all over.

"Okay, so we all know this is our last day here. Tomorrow morning, we'll be leaving again." He announced, causing everyone to let out some mumbles of disappointment.

"I know, it sucks! But since you guys have been behaving so well on this trip.." Coach Saunders attention fell on me, along with the others, "Surprisingly well..." Coach Saunders finished at which I shrugged innocently and gained chuckled from everyone else.

"Today you will be free to do whatever you want, a chance to roam the streets without us breathing down your necks." Coach Saunders announced, resulting in all of us cheering excitedly.

"But I want everyone to do so in groups and there has to be one group leader who contacts me every hour on the dot on if you lost a member of the pack." He said pointing a finger at us sternly, Normani, Lauren, Lola and I turned to one another with a smile.

"Normally; I believe our friendship group's strength lays in the fact that we're a democracy. But I wanna be the Alpha of the pack, guys." I told my friends excited at which they laughed and patted my shoulder being okay with it.

"Not you guys, though." Coach Saunders told the four of us, at which we frowned.

"Miss Cabello and Miss Perez will be your 'Alpha'." Coach Saunders told us, air quoting the word Alpha.

"You can't have two Alpha's, coach." I protested and pointed out.

Of course I wanted my own girlfriend in the group, but I couldn't make it obvious that I was excited about having a teacher in our group. Plus; Miss Perez was coming as well, and Lola didn't know I was dating our English teacher. Luckily Camila seemed to catch on what I was doing.

"You can still be the Alpha, (Y/N). But we'll be the ones reporting to Coach Saunders." Camila told me with a chuckle, at which I pouted.

"That just makes me a Beta, since you'll release me from the one task that would make me a leader."

"Fine, the two of us will be Beta's then and you'll be the Alpha. Happy?"

"Why are you guys talking about wolves?" Claire spoke up, looking around in confusion.

"Claire doesn't have a group, so she's coming with you guys as well."

"Fine.. But you're an Omega." I groaned and mumbled at a confused looking Claire, walking out of the hotel ahead of everyone else.

"Thank you so much!" I said with a smile while the cashier handed me the bag from over the counter.

"What did you buy?" Lola asked me as soon as I had rejoined our group.

She snatched the bag out of my hands and retrieved a gift wrapped box. I shared a quick glance with Camila, she knew right away that it was a gift that I had bought for her.

"Who's it for?" Lola asked further, shaking it and putting her ear to it to maybe be able to recognize the containment by the sound it made.

"If you must know: it's for my mom." I lied avoiding eye contact and I quickly took it out of her hands to carefully put it back into the bag.

"Daaang, do you usually shop at Sephora for your mom? If so; I might adopt you." Lola joked while all of us started walking again.

"You paying my hospital bills, school supplies and my college?" I asked her jokingly, raising a challenging eyebrow at her.

"I said I might, and now I definitely won't." Lola commented shoving me playfully, at which I stuck out my tongue at her.

"Adopt kids who actually want to be adopted. I already have enough love, there are plenty out there who don't." I told her honestly as we stepped onto the escalator.

I turned around and saw all of them looking at me with smiles on their faces. But Lola looked at me with a sad look and a pout on her face.

"Why'd you have to make it all sad like that?" Lola asked me, shoving me playfully right before we stepped onto another escalator.

"It's reality, Lola. Why else do you think parents adopted so many kids? They wanted kids and got Ethan and I. They wanted more, so they thought: why not adopt? People seem to only adopt kids when they're not able to have some of their own. My parents broke that cliché and now I have an amazing family." I told my friend with a shrug.

"Now you're making me cry, but they're good tears." Lola told me laying her head on my shoulder and removing a tear from her eye, causing me to chuckle.

We had reached the ground floor and exited the store, stepping right into the busy street again. We started walking again in search of some sort of bistro and I looked around at the monumental buildings we passed that had been turned into stores and restaurants.

At the front, Lola was in conversation with her sister and Claire was watching them do so. Lauren and Normani were recording a video for Lauren's sister, Taylor back home.

"You know," Camila whispered from next to me, causing me to look at her. "every time that I think I know you fully, you keep surprising me."

"In a good way, I hope?" I smiled and brought my attention back to watching where I was going.

"Of course." Camila told me with a chuckle, playfully nudging me. All of us walked towards the next location, Camila's hand softly brushing against mine as we walked.