6. Window Seat And Nature

Chapter Six:
Window Seat And Nature.

"Do you think Mr. Rogers was actually sick, or that he was scared for what you might do?" Normani asked me, as we walked out of the classroom on to our next classes. Our first class just ended, and surprisingly, our math teacher Mr. Rogers wasn't there.

"I personally think that last option, but who knows right?" I joked, gaining a laugh from my best friend. We rounded the corner and my next class aka: English Literature, came into view. I watched as Camila stood next to the class door, looking up from her schedule in her hand every so often.

"Are you ever going to quit being an asshole?" Normani asked as we walked closer to my classroom, her class was next to mine so we walked there together and stood still infront of mine.

"Excuse me? That is no way to talk to me, Miss Kordei. I could get you expelled in no time, if I tell this to Principle (Y/L/N)." I joked to her as we stood not far from Camila, reminding my best friend who's niece I was while she knew exactly who of course.

"Well I'm sorry Miss (Y/L/N)." She joked right back, earning a chuckle from me in return.

"Good. Now go off to your class, chop chop." I joked again, while motioning with my hands for her to go away.

"Whateverrrr! Byeee!" Normani said while flicking her hair over her shoulder, as she walked away. I shook my head at my sassy best friend and turned towards Camila. I wasn't surprised when I found her already looking at me with a smirk, obviously having heard a part of mine and Normani's conversation.

"That was interesting to watch. What year is she in?" Camila asked me as I came to stand closer to her.

"She's a senior. I've known her ever since day one. When it was her first day here, it was mine as well." I told her, smiling proudly over the fact that I get to call Normani my best friend.

Camila watched me with a smile and looked like she was about to say something. But before she could, one of my fellow students came up to her to ask her something.

It was Claire.

Claire is the type of girl every class has. The girl that sits at the front of the class, handing in her homework before it's even due for a week or so. And when the teacher forgot to ask the class for the homework they obviously didn't do cause it was too much for one night, she'd remind them about it. She got straight A's, even would go out of her way to get it if it meant taking other students down. She'd tell on the kids that skipped school, or were planning to. The teachers loved her and she was their favorite of course. No wonder people called her The Golden Snitch. And as much as I tried staying calm and acting nice towards her, she just got on my nerves.

While Claire and Camila chatted about God knows what, I walked into the class room and sat at my usual seat. The seat that I had claimed ever since I got to this school; in the back, on the right by the window.

It had a the best view of the Copperfield Lake, as it was surrounded by the trees. In the summer and during spring the water would be occupied by ducks, deers stopping by for a drink, and other animals. In fall it was beautiful to watch the leaves turn brown and the almost more orange looking sun turn the lake into a beautiful mirror of the sky and its surroundings. In the winter I loved watching the snow slowly fall down upon the trees.

Sorry, I'm getting a bit carried away. What can I say? It helps me release the inner poet in me.

There weren't many school subjects I liked.. however; I some how found an interest in poetry and anything that was related to writing and reading. And the view by the window, just calmed me and gave me..inspiration. All I needed was that, and the music on my phone to write.

As soon as I took a seat I grabbed my notepad and pen and got ready for whatever subject Mrs. Parc would make us write about this lesson. I shifted my attention to the view outside and soon heard the bell ring and the door close.

Already being used to the long, boring lecture the middle aged woman gave every single year, I put my earphones in and listened to some music. The calm tunes of See You Soon by Coldplay and the sight of nature in front of my eyes on the other side of the window I was sitting at, giving me the inspiration I needed. I opened my notebook and started writing some stuff down.

I stopped when all of a sudden a shadow hovered above my notebook. Taking one earphone out, I looked up and saw Camila looking rather terrified while standing in front of me.

"What's wrong? Can't find your seat?" I asked her in a whispering voice, looking around to see all the seats taken by the students that seemed to be reading their textbooks.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me still wide-eyed.

"I'm in this class, Camila. Anyways, maybe you should find the teacher. Have you seen her?" I asked her, looking around confused by Mrs. Parc's absence then back to Camila. Her look of confusion and shock soon turned into one of realization.

"(Y/N), I guess I'm your teacher.." she said, gesturing towards the board where she had written her name on like all new teachers do.

"Well shit.."