24. Ice Cream And Kisses.

Chapter Twenty Four:
Ice Cream And Kisses.

"Have you ever seen Monsters Inc?" Camila asked me, before putting a spoon into the ice cream and placing it into her mouth.

"I have, actually." I told her, using the ice cream spoon to roll a perfectly round ball of it.

I quickly glanced at her, to see her looking at me with wide eyes. I chuckled and put the ice cream into the bowl.

"What? What did you think? That since I was a little kid during the time it came out, I never even saw it? " I asked her teasing, putting the ice cream back into the freezer.

"Well...yeah." Camila answered, like it were an obvious answer.

I chuckled and grabbed the whipped cream from the fridge, placing it on to the cooking island. Camila leaned forward in her barstool and grabbed the whipped cream, trying to open it. She did however, not succeed in this task, so I grabbed it out of her hands and opened it myself, putting some on to the ice cream.

"Well, just because I was born a little later than you were, does not affect my taste." I told her, grabbing the chocolate sauce and putting it on to the ice cream for the finishing touch.

I grabbed the bowl of ice cream I just made and placed it in front of Camila. I watched her smile at the smiley-face I made with the whipped cream and chocolate sauce, and grabbed two spoons.

I sat down next to her and handed her one of the spoons, the two of us started eating the ice cream.

"Hola, chicas." Dinah spoke up, walking into the kitchen.

Camila and I, having ice cream in our mouths, hummed in response to her greeting. Dinah walked towards the fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water. She walked towards me and held up her fist, for me to fist bump, before disappearing again.

I chuckled and shook my head amused, while Camila just looked confused. She tilted her head like a confused puppy and looked at me, unaware of the chocolate that had left a stain on the corner of her lip.

"What was that about?" She asked me, as I tried hard not to look at her stained lips.

"I don't know." I told her, shrugging.

"But before, she was all skeptical and stuff, and now she's acting like you guys are 'homies' or whatever. What did you tell her when you were alone?" She asked me, as I took another spoon full of ice cream into my mouth.

"I said the right thing. So I guess she likes me." I told her, grabbing a paper towel and handing it to Camila, gesturing towards her mouth to clean it.

She tried wiping it away, but completely missed. I playfully rolled my eyes and turned our chairs so our knees were touching, and I could clean her face with the paper towel. I felt her eyes on me as I did so.

"She's not the only one." She softly spoke, placing a hand on my knee.

I looked her in the eyes, and once again found myself lost in her beautiful brown orbs. I bit my lip, trying not to smile. This caused her eyes to fall to my lips. I was about to lean in, when we were interrupted by my phone buzzing.

I gave Camila an apologetic smile and took my phone out to see a text from my mom, asking me to come home from Normani's.

Of course we all know I wasn't at Normani's.

I texted her back, saying I'd be home soon, and put my phone away. I looked at her again, to find her already staring at me. I raised an eyebrow and smirked at her, causing her to blush and look away.

"That was my mom, asking me to come home. So, I guess I have to go." I told her, sadly.

"Aww, I understand but I don't want you to leave just yet." She spoke sadly, she frowned and pouted.

"Me neither." I told her, getting up and placing the now empty bowl into the sink.

I walked into the hallway, and grabbed my jacket, peeking my head around the corner of the living room. Dinah sat on the couch, feet up on the table, a bored expression on her face.

"Hey, Dinah. It was nice meeting you!" I told her, waving at her.

"You too, (Y/N). Later." She said, throwing up a peace sign, then turning her attention back to the tv.

I chuckled, shaking my head amused, and Camila walked me to the door. I opened the door and stepped outside, turning to Camila as she stood in the doorway.

"So.. I had a lot of fun today.." I began, as she smiled at me.

"Me too." She spoke, biting her lip.

"We should do this again sometime." She added.

"Who says I want a second date." I challenged with a smirk.

"Who says it will be a date?" She asked, playing along.

I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes at her, causing her to giggle.

"JUST KISS ALREADY!" We heard Dinah scream from the living room.

"DINAH, SHUT UP!" Camila yelled back, slightly embarrassed as the two of us blushed.

"So I'll uh.. I'll see you around, I'll text you when I get home." I spoke, ready to turn around.

I was however, stopped by Camila's hand wrapping around my arm. This caused me to turn around, and her hands found my cheeks. She connected our lips into a quick and soft kiss. When we separated, she bit her lip with a blush.

"See you around."

I was about to say something, but I was frozen in place, as she closed the door. I smiled to myself, and turned around to walk back to my car.

When I got into my car, I glanced back at the house. I could see through the living room window, because the curtains were withdrawn, and saw Dinah and Camila. Dinah made kissy faces at Camila, while the Latina blushed and pushed her best friend away.

I chuckled and shook my head amused, before driving off.