3. Traffic Conversations.

Chapter Three:
Traffic Conversations.

Just like every morning, we were stuck in traffic. Lake View High was on the other side of town, our small but rather busy town. Every morning the streets were jammed, and there was no way to avoid it.

I was scrolling through my phone, when all of a sudden the comfortable silence that filled the car got interrupted by a groan coming from Ethan.

"I'm bored and it's way too quiet in this car." He whined from beside me, crossing his arms over his chest like a stubborn little kid.

"Mr. Ethan, perhaps you would like me to turn on the radio?" Alfred asked from the front of the car.

"I got it." Ethan said before climbing into the passenger seat next to Alfred in the front, almost kicking our driver in the neck in the process. While Ethan started looking for a radio station to listen to, I put my phone away.

Being bored as well, I started blowing on to the window to draw shapes in the foggy spot created there by my own hot breath. Aimlessly, I blew on the window and drew a heart. As I watched it slowly disappear my attention shifted to what I saw through the heart, outside the window. Right in the shape I saw a girl or let's say a young woman, which I assumed was around the age of 22 maybe older.

She was beautiful.

She was on the phone and didn't look happy at all. I watched her frustratedly hang up, before throwing her phone into the passenger seat of her car. Running a hand through her long brown locks, while letting out a deep sigh. As if sensing someone was watching her, she turned her attention towards me.

Me, being my totally goofy and at times childish self, decided to make an attempt of making her smile. I blew on the window once again, and drew a smiley face. As I pointed to it quickly before it vanished, I pointed to her, instructing her to smile as well.

Who would've thought it would actually work?

She send me a genuine smile, resulting in me giving her a thumbs up for doing what I instructed her to do perfectly. She seemed to smile again, but it quickly disappeared when she reached for her phone which I was guessing was ringing again. She declined the call, and faced me again with a frown on her face.

I blew on the window once decided to write her, since we were both stuck in traffic anyways.

"U ok?"  I asked her, having some trouble in writing it mirrored so she could read it. I was surprised when I saw her blowing on the window as well, to write me back.

"Just stressed." She replied with a shrug.

"About?" I asked her, finding it weird how bad I actually wanted to know. She was gorgeous indeed, but she still was a stranger. Yet I found myself wanting to know what or who upset her.

"Parents don't like my choices." She wrote as quickly as possible before it vanished quickly. She looked at me with a questioning look, as if asking if I got what it said making me nod and smile her way.

"It's ur life, not theirs. :)" I wrote, gaining a smile from her because of the smiley I drew behind the sentence to cheer her up.

"True, still would've liked the support." She wrote, sadly shrugging afterwards.

"They still love u." I wrote to her in all honesty. I couldn't promise her something that I had no control over. I watched her give me a sad smile, making my heart ache.

"If it helps; I support u. :)" I wrote her, getting a big grin in return. She replied to me by making a heart shape with her hands, making me smile like an idiot.

"Never seen u. U new in town?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Yes. 1st day here." She wrote to me, dramatically shivering as if she was scared making me chuckle.

"Welcome 2 Copperfield!" I wrote to her, the smile never leaving my face. 

"Thnx! Ur the 1st person 2 B nice 2 me here." She told me honestly, making me smile even wider if that was even possible.

"What can I say? People suck." I wrote with a shrug, seeing her laugh at my comment.

"U don't. I don't have many friends here." She told me with a soft smile.

"If U'd give me ur cell number, u'll gain a new 1?" I asked her anxiously, while biting the inside of my cheek. I expected her to either ignore me, or say no thanks. But when she started writing numbers on her window, I quickly grabbed my phone and put the numbers in it.

"Just a sec, I'll text u." I wrote on the window, before sending her a quick text saying 'hi'. When she received it, she smiled and quickly texted me back.

From: Unknown Number;

"Hi there! So what's ur name?"

To: Unknown Number;

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N), u?"

I saw her typing a reply but before she could finish, traffic started moving again. She send me a quick apologetic smile, and waved me goodbye. I wondered if I would ever meet her again. Then again; Copperfield isn't big, but I still felt anxious.