13. Hallway Conversations And Strange Behavior.

Chapter Thirteen:
Hallway Conversations And Strange Behavior.

I walked through the school's entrance the next day, and walked the halls with a smile on my face.

"Morning (Y/N)!"

"Hey (Y/N)!"

"(Y/N), nice to have you back!"

"Thanks everyone, good morning!" I spoke practically skipping over to my locker, which Normani was already standing next to.

She had her locker open and looked like she was putting books into her bag, but she held them still mid air while eyeing me with full suspicion. I offered her a smile and opened my own locker to start collecting my books.

"What's up with you? I thought you were sick..?" She asked me through squinted eyes.

"Oh I was, but I feel waaaaay better now." I answered, the smile on my face never leaving.

"You're so weird." Normani said, bringing her attention back to her locker. I chuckled as she watched me from the corner of her eye.

"Okay first of all; hey babes. Second; Good to have you back (Y/N). And last but not least; what is up with that smile of yours?" Lauren spoke, approaching Normani and I. Normani shrugged and shut her locker.

"I'm just in a good mood that's all." I said while shutting my locker, and the three of us started making our way down the halls.

I wasn't lying though, I had been in a good mood ever since yesterday; when Miss Cabello and I talked things out. I didn't know what it was with her, but ever since I met her she had been on my mind and had been affecting my emotions.

My grin only grew when the classroom of a familiar Latina came into view. Miss Cabello was standing outside of her class room, greeting every student that entered as she stood by the door.

While Normani and Lauren chatted with one another on either side of me, my attention was on the brunette. When Normani, Lauren and I were not too far away from her, her attention shifted towards me.

She smiled and waved at me, and I was about to do the same when Lauren put her hand on my shoulder and spoke up.

"(Y/N), babe, you're totally coming over to my house tonight!" She spoke, as we stopped in front of Lauren's locker that was close to Miss Cabello's class.

I turned to look at Normani, as if asking her if she was coming too. Lauren opened her locker and took some books out before putting them into her bag.

"My dad and I are going to look for new cars, it's out of town so I'll be leaving right after school." Normani explained, causing her and I to pout at the same time. Lauren shut her locker and faced the two of us again.

"Oh come on, Normani you will be missed. BUT..now I finally have some alone time with my favorite cuddler." Lauren said in a baby voice, cuddling into me. She had her eyes closed, but opened one for a second to send Normani a challenging look.

Normani fake gasped and put her hand on her heart.

"Are you saying you don't like my cuddles?" She asked dumbfounded, looking between the two of us. Lauren made a face, which caused Normani to scoff.

"You're an alright replacement.." Lauren tried, but only made it worse. I laughed and Normani tried keeping a straight face but failed.

"Okay then, I see how it is. Enjoy your Netflix&Chill session girlies. Bye." Normani said, acting like she was hurt and dramatically walking away from us.

"Come on Mani, we love you!" We shouted after her, Lauren and I chuckling while looking at one another afterwards.

I brought my attention back to Miss Cabello, and saw that she was already looking at me. She was staring, studying, analyzing me it almost seemed. The two of us held eye contact, until Lauren spoke up.

"Now we can finally finish our FRIENDS marathon." She spoke excited, starting to walk. I groaned and stopped walking, she turned around to look at me and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" She asked with attitude, putting a hand on her hip.

"We've watched all seasons over and over again ever since we met.." I said, not that I hated the show but if you keep rewatching it all the jokes won't make you laugh any more.

"You're watching it with me again, and that's final." She said, stepping closer to try and intimidate me.

"Gosh, you're so bossy." I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

"I know, now let's get to class." She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me with her.

"No one told me life was gonna be this way.." I mumbled, getting a laugh from Lauren.

When we passed Miss Cabello, I saw her smile and it seemed like she was trying not to laugh. I guess she heard my terrible attempt of a joke.

I smiled at her, gaining one from her in return. But when her eyes landed on Lauren, the smile disappeared and she looked the other way.

What was that about?

We passed her class room and walked towards our Homeroom class. When we entered, Normani was already at her desk. We greeted her, but she dramatically looked the other way. We laughed at her and I saw the corners of her mouth twitch.

She wasn't fooling anyone.

Our teacher closed the door as the bell rang, and started the class.