41. Canals And Hugs.

Chapter Forty One:
Canals And Hugs.

"You look like you wouldn't mind living here." I heard an oh so familiar young woman say as she approached me.

"I wouldn't mind at all." I told her honestly, bringing my attention back to the other beautiful view in front of me.

"That makes the two of us." Camila sighed dreamily, standing beside me now and leaning forward on the railing just as I was doing.

A comfortable silence fell between us, as her hand subtly grazed my own. In front of us was one of the canals with the undergoing sun reflecting on the water. The pink sky, the slightly lit street lights, a boat carrying a couple in embrace.

"I think I might want to come back here when I'm done with school. Maybe take a gap year before going to college." I confessed whilst keeping my eyes on the boat that was disappearing into the sunset.

"Are you sure you could live an entire year without seeing your friends and family?"  Camila asked me without looking at me, watching as another boat came out from underneath the bridge we were standing on.

"They could come visit whenever they'd like."  I shrugged with a smile, already imagining how fun it'd be.

"I think I need a breather as well. You being in another continent would make me relax a bit for sure." She joked slightly, earning her a chuckle from my side.

"Who says we won't be together during my time here?" I asked her with a smirk while looking at her.

This made her turn her attention towards me, stunned and blushing at my comment. Another boat beneath us, people on their bikes, the wind blowing.. All sound disappeared for a second as we looked at each other with smiles on our faces.
A time of smile that could say a million words, without actually saying them.

"I really want to kiss you right now." She whispered to me, with a small longing sigh which made me smile even brighter.

"We want the same thing.." I told her looking away for a second before bringing my attention back to her.

"I want to kiss me too." I teased with a wink, earning a chuckle and a slight slap on the arm from the beautiful young woman in front of me.

"Ladies, do you want a free lift?" A man asked us in broken English.

We brought our attention towards him and saw he was one of those Tuktuk drivers we had seen around Amsterdam.

"That's very nice of you but no thank you." Camila respectfully declined with a polite smile.

"I insist! A free small tour through the canals of Amsterdam during sunset, what's more romantic than that?"  I shrugged and stepped towards him before turning around with my hand extended to help Camila get into the Tuktuk as well.

"I don't know, (Y/N). We're supposed to be in the lobby in about half an hour, to meet for dinner. If we're both not there it'll look suspicious." Camila spoke uncertain, biting her lip in thought.

"I'll ask the girls to stall, come on." I tried reassuring, my hand still out for her to take.

This time she did take it. I helped her get into the little cart, the two of us pressed together in it. We giggled as our knees touched and the cart started moving. We looked around while the men drove us through the most beautiful streets we hadn't even seen before.

It was magical. Like out of a movie.

At some point, I took a moment to look at her and appreciate the moment. Here I was, in a foreign beautiful city, in a small cart, with my beautiful girlfriend. I guess she felt me staring at her, cause she turned her attention to me and smiled at me. Her eyes had a twinkle in them, as I grabbed her hand, interlocking our fingers. She smiled down at it and before I know it, she used her free hand to cup my cheek.

A brief kiss was shared.

A brief kiss that went in slowmotion and said a thousand words. When we separated I could see the happiness in her eyes.

This was heaven.

"So how was it?" Lauren softly asked me, before taking a sip from her drink.

"It was nice." I whispered back to Lauren, a small smile on my face.

I looked down at my plate and my grin grew, thinking back to the moment I shared with Camila not even half an hour ago. I tried my hardest not to look at her, cleared my throat and tried suppressing my smile.

"I'm happy to see you happy." She told me genuinely, which caused my attention to shift back to her and a smile to form on my face again.

"Awww Laurennnnn!" I let out and grabbed her head to give her a loud kiss on the cheek.

She almost stumbled over with her chair as I pressed her head against my chest to bring her in for a hug. By now a lot of people at the table were looking at us. Lauren was groaning in annoyance as I finally let her go and tried to hold in my laughter.

When she could finally sit back into her previous position, her hair was all over the place. When I reached over in attempt to tame it, she slapped my hand away and gave me a little playful glare. I let out a laugh and blew her a kiss. She couldn't help but to smile and rolled her eyes at me. We both brought our attention away from one another and looked around to all face pointed at us.

"What??" We both asked in unison while shrugging, which caused everyone to look away.

"You guys are so weird." Normani said from my other side, Lola agreeing with her and sitting across from me.

"You love us and you know it." I told the both of them, winking at them knowingly. Them mumbled words of agreement and went shrugged, going back to their food.

Too bad it was coming to an end. Tomorrow we'd go back in our hometown. At least we had fun and no bumps in the road whatsoever.

_____

Hey guys,

I hope you're all doing alright and staying safe.
If you ever need to talk, dm me. It's important to talk to someone, especially right now.

Love you guys!

Xoxo- Alyssa