22. Best Friends And Flour.

Chapter Twenty Two:
Best Friends And Flour.

I pressed the buzzer and waited for a response, soon after I heard ruffling through the intercom.

"Hello?" I heard an unknown female voice ask, I heard her chewing loudly right after.

"Uh hi, is Camila around?" I asked her, uncomfortably looking away from the security camera.

"Depends. Who dis?" She asked me, taking another bite of her food and chewing even louder than before.

"I'm (Y/N)." I spoke awkwardly looking into the camera, causing her to stop chewing immediately.

"Wait. As in (Y/N) (Y/L/N)?!" She asked, confusing me as to why she knew my full name.

I carefully nodded and ran a hand through my hair.

"Daaaang, way to go Mila. She r-" "-Dinah what are you doing? Who are you talking to?" This 'Dinah' begin but was interrupted by Camila's voice coming closer.

A silence fell between the two, as I waited patiently to be let in.

"Dinah...who are you talking to?" Camila asked once more, after not receiving an answer from Dinah at first.

"Hi, Camila. " I said, deciding to make my presence known.

Once again, a silence was heard, before I heard whispers and ruffling again.

"Good job though, she fine." I heard Dinah's voice whisper and then disappear.

"I'm sorry about that, that was my roommate/best friend. I'll let you in." Camila spoke, before I heard a buzzing noise and the gates opened.

I walked through the gates, and took in my surroundings. Camila had a lovely home, not too big not too small. It was bigger than someone with a regular teacher salary could afford, that I knew for sure.

As I looked around, the gates automatically closed behind me. I started walking the small path, towards the front door. I knocked on the wooden object and waited once more. Once again, shuffling and whispers were heard, but this time from the other side of the door.

"Dinah, I swear to God.." I heard Camila whisper yell, causing me to try and hold in my laughter.

Soon, the door opened and I was met with a smiling Camila. I held up the groceries and grinned at her.

"Hi there, I was in the neighborhood and well yeah..." I joked, holding them up once more, earning a giggle from her.

"Well, come on in then." She joked right back, stepping aside to let me in.

"Like I said: this is my roommate and best friend, Dinah. Dinah this is (Y/N)." Camila spoke excited, pointing at us every time our names were mentioned by her.

Dinah stood up and walked towards me, the rather tall girl putting up a tough expression.

"Sup." She spoke shortly, holding out a fist in front of her.

"Sup." I spoke right back, fist bumping her.

I looked back at Camila, to see her holding the bridge of her nose with her eyes closed. Probably embarrassed by her friend's behavior. I smiled at her expression and brought my attention back to Dinah, who was eyeing me up and down. A long silence followed after.

"Okay, let's put these away shall we." Camila spoke up, breaking the silence.

I nodded and watched Dinah slowly walk out of the room, while watching me still through squinted eyes. When she was out of sight, I chuckled and walking behind Camila towards the kitchen.

The two of us put away the groceries that I brought, and she poured us both a glass of water.

"So, what's on the menu, Chef (Y/L/N)?" She asked me with a challenging smirk, causing me to chuckle.

"Well, I was thinking; maybe we could make something together." I spoke carefully, not knowing if she would like the idea.

"And what is this 'something' you are talking about?" She asked through squinted eyes.

"I was thinking...pizza." I answered, as soon as the last word left my mouth, the Latina started jumping up and down excited.

"Yes yes yes!"

"Okay, let's do it then. The kitchen of (Y/L/N)& Cabello's Pizza Place, is now officially open. All rights reserved." I joked, causing her to giggle.

"Let's do it." She said, excitedly clapping her hands together.

"Ya'll are way too cliche Rom-Com, man." Dinah said sitting down next to me, handing me a wet towel.

I chuckled at her, and used the towel to wipe my face.

"Now that she's upstairs, let's get to the serious side. What are your intentions with my best friend?" She asked serious, trying to intimidate me.

I was glad Camila had someone that cared tor her in this way. I knew, without a doubt, that Dinah wanted her best friend to be happy. I would do the same for Lauren and Normani.

I smiled at her, causing her to look at me confused.

"When you walked in on us, throwing flower at one another, what did Camila have on her face. Other than the flower." I asked her, as she looked at me with a thoughtful expression.

"I've never been good at quizzes." She simply said, causing me to chuckle.

"A smile. She had a smile on her face. And I intend to keep that on there for as long as she lets me." I explained, her eyes softening at my answer.

"I'm baaack. Sorry I had to disappear so fast, I looked like casper the ghost." Camila said, walking back into the kitchen.

Her eyes landed on Dinah and I, sitting beside one another in silence. She looked from me to Dinah and back.

"What's going on? What did Dinah tell you?" She asked me, glaring at Dinah real quick.

I smiled at her, gaining a huge one in return. Dinah stood up and walked towards Camila.

"Once again; good job." She simply whispered, gesturing towards me.

She threw me a peace sign, before walking out of the kitchen. When she had left, Camila looked at me.

"What was that about?" Camila asked standing in front of me now, as I stood up as well.

"Nothing, let's clean up this flour-warzone." I said, carefully wiping away some flour off her forehead as she looked up at me.

"I think we need to postpone the opening date of  (Y/L/N) & Cabello's Pizza Place for a little while." She spoke softly, causing me to laugh.

I kissed her forehead before grabbing a broom to clean up the flour.