Chapter 65: Carpool Karaoke part 1

27th June 2018

I touched down in America two days ago which was very exciting, I haven't been to America since 2015 so it was crazy to see the outcome of my own fans screaming as I came out of the airport with my security.
Since April, a lot has happened, Harry and I are still together as we're very happy. We talk everyday, we're just really missing each other. And since April I've had three new songs out. Not of my own. I've been a feature on three other songs.
Ariana Grande's  'the light is coming'
Zayn's  'Entertainer'
And 5 Seconds Of Summer's  'YoungBlood'

The 'YoungBlood' track was actually crazy... the boy's management got in touch with me at the end of April to tell me the boys wanted me as a feature artist on their upcoming single. And when I heard the track I fell in love, the demo left the part out where they wanted me to come in at, so I got in the studio and wrote, sent over lyrics to them to see what was best for the song. Then in May I recorded it, the producers put it all together then... bang, the track was finished.

'The light is coming' came out on June the 20th.
'Entertainer' came out on the 28th May.
And 'YoungBlood' came out on the 22nd June 2018.

I'm just outside the set of the late late show where James is about to show up in his car.
Oh, speaking of the devil. He pulls up in his black car and waves at me. I jump in the passenger seat and grin, "hey"
"Hey," he smiled "you ready to do this??" He says.
"I'm ready" I nod

"Okay... ACTION!!" The producer shouts.
We pull out from the parking spot and James sighs over exaggerating making me lean my elbow on the car door window ledge and cover my mouth as I smirk.
"Thank you for joining me on my ride to work this morning, I greatly appreciate it" James said and glanced at me as he pulled out the parking lot
"No problem, lad, no problem"
I grin looking at him. "I suppose you wanna listen to some music now, do ya?" I said making him cackle loudly.
"Yeah 'lad',lets listen to some music" he grinned mimicking my use of 'lad' previously.
I laugh as he pressed the playlist and my song Hurts Like Hell starts playing.
We dance in our seats and sing along.

"I guess he had a relapse, had to sneak, cheat and bring me doooowwwwnnnnn.. it had to e-eh-eeennnndddd. My baby falls asleeeeppppp in his bed, fingertips on the eeeedddgeeee, he left me for a guuurrrrrrllllll" I started laughing as James and I was smashing it "and I hope it hurts like hell" I sing while James does the 'ahhhh-aaa-ahhhh'

"Remember when we took that trip to Cabo?
Twenty-four hours, then we took it to the chateau" I sing loudly as me and James just jam out to the song
"How does it feel to do it on your own?" James sings then looks at me "coz why?" He says making me laugh I sing "Missing me (yeah, yeah)"

We giggle together.

"Listen to this..." James instructed as the rap came up

"Drop tears from my eyes (tears)
I can't cry (cry), I'm on fire (fire)
Cheatin' night 'n night (night)
No more flights (flights)" he raps and I make sure to do the backing vocals

"You got caught in the hype (hoo!)
Ain't take my advice
You got the steak, the fork and the whole knife
No more ice (ice)
In a course on the jet on flight (jet)
You so trife
I can't trust you sheist (no)" he raps almost perfectly making me grin massively as I watch him "aaayyyyyy!!!" I cheer as I listen to him

"You gon' miss this pipe
Billie Jean, I think I'm Mike (Mike, yeah)
I'ma miss her in the bed
Fuckin' up my head, fuck it up like lice" he raps and then I jump in with him so I can rap with him "I hope it was worth it (worth it)
Jumpin' on dick like Kermit (Kermit)
It was picture perfect
'Til the bullshit had surfaced (surfaced)
Lookin' at you like a clown
Lookin' at you like a bird bitch (clown)
I don't even want you now, you can go live on the curb, bitch (curb)"

We continue to sing the song as it dies down.

"Wow." James breathed making me laugh as I reach for my water bottle that's in the water bottle stand in the middle of James and I. I laugh at him as he is just exaggerating everything... "that was... therapy" he joked wiping his eye pretending he's crying.
"I'm- i'm glad you feel that way" I laugh then take a sip of my drink

"So.. I wanna talk to you about something" James said and glanced at me.
"Yeah?? Go ahead, I'm listening" I say to him and look out into the distance and where we're driving to.
"So... what people don't know about us.. is that we've known each other for ages haven't we??"

"Yeah, yeah," I smile and nod "what the public and your fans probably don't know is that I'm a family friend aren't I? A family friend of your family, of course"

I grin and nod opening my water bottle again "you are, that is certainly right. I don't think we've talked about that before. The last time I was on your show we just acted, normal, I think, even though we've known each other since I was a child!" I stated after I swallowed my water.
James agrees with me "yeah we did.. but I have a question for you.. who is your favourite person.. me, or Louis?" He grinned making me laugh.

I rolled my eyes at the camera that was stuck on the wind screen in front of me "you obviously, James" I said rolling my eyes again making him laugh.