Chapter 21: Don't Forget Where You Belong / Up All Night

4th June 2017

The boys and I stood in a line on the main stage so we could see the whole crowd instead of being stood on the box stage at the end of the catwalk where you had fans behind you on the sides that you couldn't see.

"I'm gonna take the guitar off, you okay to play on your own??" I walk up to Niall as he sorts his microphone stand out.
He nodded and smiled taking his ear piece out "oh yeah," he grinned "for sure" he said. I then took my guitar off and walked to the live music band we have at the back of the stage and put the guitar on the stand.

Niall fixed the strap of his guitar "So I wrote this song with a few special people.. Anastasia being one of them and McFly being another" Niall smiled to the crowd and they all cheered. "Personally, this is one of my favourite songs.. I hope you enjoy. Sing along if you know it..."

"Manchester," I speak up as the song slowly starts "this one is for you.. we love you" I say softly feeling myself get emotional. They all cheered and clapped.

Liam started off singing the song beautifully making me smile "Been a lot of places
I've been all around the world
Seen a lot of faces
Never knowing where I was
On the horizon
But I know, I know, I know, I know
The sun will be rising back home"

Niall played the guitar slowly and subtly, so that it didn't over power our voices and the music.

"Living out of cases
And packing up and taking off
Made a lot of changes
But not forgetting who I was
On the horizon
Oh, well I know, I know, I know, I know
The moon will be rising back home"

"Sing it Manchester," I encouraged the crowd as I took my microphone off of the stand and faced it to the crowd, I cupped my ear giving them the signal to sing louder.
The sung the chorus with the boys.

The standing positions/ order of the boys and I went Liam, me, Louis, Harry and Niall.

Harry breathed before he sung his part "I've been away for ages
But I got everything I need
I'm flicking through the pages
I've written in my memory
I feel like I'm dreaming," he sung them moved forward a little to look at me, I sung with him "oh, so I know, I know, I know, I know
That I'm never leaving, no, I won't go"

"Manchester sing it out," Liam echoed as the boys and I sung the chorus.
"Don't forget where you belong, home
Don't forget where you belong, home
If you ever feel alone, don't
You were never on your own
And the proof is in this song"

Louis grabbed a hold of his microphone and brought it closer to his lips.. I turned my body slightly so that I was facing him, my back facing Liam.. Louis turned to me too and he began to sing with a small grin "Lights off when they should be on
Even stars in the skies, they're wrong!" He sung loudly.. I kept eye contact with my big brother as I sung out Zayn's part "Short days, when the nights are lonnnGGGG
When I think of the things I've dooouuunnneeee"

"Don't matter how far I've gone
I'm always free to run" Louis and I sing together then I take the note further and he stops singing with me letting me do my high note "hoooooooooommmmmeeeee"

"Every body clap your hands," I took my microphone off of the stand and walked away from the boys as they sung the breakdown of the chorus, leaving them up on the stage. And illustrated to the crowd how I wanted them to clap along with the beat. I smile at a crowd of people and clap with them laughing softly. "You look great!" I compliment a girl and she thanked me.

"You're never on your own," the boys sung.
I jogged down to the catwalk "never, never, never" I sung and saw Louis and Niall pass by me as the jogged to the box at the end of the stage.
"Oooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooooooohhhhhhh" I did my heart note as the boys carried on singing the chorus.