CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

   Nova paced around Santana’s parents’ room. Troy phoned him and ordered him there at once. He immediately thought about Santana. Did they find her? He was so excited and hopeful; he drove to Alberta right after they called him.

“So what you’re saying is that Damon phoned you saying he found her?” he asked Chloe.

She was still in shock. “Yes. I still can’t believe it. She was in BC and we never even knew?”

Troy nodded. “We searched BC high and low. I’m not sure how they did it. We had the best trackers. That’s why we’re not sure if it’s actually her.”

“I don’t care. Finding Santana is what counts. Even if it isn’t her, at least we tried!” he yelled in his Alpha voice.

“I agree,” Troy nodded.

“Me too,” Chloe looked at them both sternly.

“Then it’s settled. We leave first thing tomorrow morning,” Nova confirmed.

“Mom, what’s going on?” Xavier asked as he stared at Nova. He always admired him for his strength and courage. Thinking if his sister were actually here, she’d be mated with him. He felt lucky to be able to know this strong Alpha.

“Nothing Lupita,” Chloe answered.

“Is it about Santana? If he’s here, then that means it’s something about her.”

Nova smiled at the boy. “Yes it is. You remember my friend Damon? Well he says he found her down in BC.”

“So close!”

“I know. I even went down there myself, but nothing came up. All covered up tracks.”

“Are you guy’s going down there to see?”

“Yes Lupita,” Chloe spoke before Nova could answer.

“Can I come?”

“No son. You need to stay home and protect the town with Damon’s dad. Will you do that for us?”

He nodded. “I’m strong dad. You can count on me. Mr. Serenity won’t even have to do anything! I’m a man, not a boy!”

“Ok son, I’m counting on you,” he grabbed him in a bear hug.

Nova called half of his most trusted pack members. “I need you all there with me if we collect my Luna.” “I’ve waited all my life for her.”

He looked over at Chloe and Troy.

They both nodded. Chloe knew Nova was obsessed with Santana. She didn’t know if it was a good or bad thing. He was a handsome man, just a few years older than Santana’s eighteen years now. She pray it was her daughter. Please God, just end this hell!

Troy saw his wife’s expression. She looked worried about something.

*What are you thinking about love?*

*He’s so obsessed with her, haven’t you noticed? I think he just likes the saying that she’s ‘his.’ I want my daughter to love and be loved by her mate. Not be just an obsession. He’s only met her a few times when she was a baby!*

*I know, but love. Don’t you understand that feeling? He’s an Alpha, and he has basically imprinted on her. He has a strong connection. Did you know that all these years when she’s sad, he feels it? He knows she’s alive, he just doesn’t know where.*

*But that isn’t love!*

*Chloe, I felt that with you when we met. That’s why I chose you. If you say that’s wrong, then we were wrong!*