CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

So...I like the ending to this.

Enjoy!

SummerKisses

Vote, comment, fan.

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

Santana woke up feeling refreshed. Derek’s sleeping form lay next to her. She smiled, thinking about the night before. They stayed up half of the night talking about each other’s childhood. Derek apparently had a horrible past, just like she did. His mother died when he was young, and lived in a pack he felt out of place in. Everyone looked at him with pity, and especially the alpha. Derek told her all about his alpha Mack, who was actually a very nice guy. If anyone ever said anything bad about Derek, they’d get punished.

Santana then admitted about the abuse she suffered while living with Morgan and Sandra. She did have a few scars here and there from Janet, but neither Morgan nor Sandra hurt her resulting in blood loss. Maybe because they were afraid that she’d shift and kill them mercilessly. Derek and she laughed about that afterwards, knowing that her kidnappers had been afraid of her.

“I wonder why they didn’t kill me right away as a young child, since they hated me so much?” she said to Derek.

“Maybe because they’re humans?” he answered, shrugging his shoulders.

Looking over at Derek, who slept peacefully, she tiptoed to her backpack which ended up not being in the same place she had it earlier. Then she remembered that she changed in Damon’s room the night before.

Walking out of the door, Santana walked down the hall and knocked on his. After five minutes of waiting, she knocked louder. She really needed to change into her yoga pants and sports bra to train, it was getting late; eight AM. Yeah, it was early. But still, training took a long time.

The door swung open, and Scarlett stood annoyed, still in the clothes that she had on before.

“Is there a reason you’re here so bloody early?” she yawned.

“I left my backpack here yesterday,” Santana answered “And I need to start training.”

Scarlett raised a dark brow at her and said “Why is your stuff in my mate’s room?”

“It’s a long story, trust me, there’s nothing going on between Damon and I,” Santana held up her hands.

Scarlett giggled and said “Santana, I know it’s okay. I was just teasing you. Last night you told me about your mate. If that happened to me, I wouldn’t be able to love another again,” she told her, looking sad after she said the last part.

Santana nodded and then her new friend said “I’ll join you, wait for me?”

Scarlett was one of the best fighters of the pack. She trained every day to keep fit and taught others how to protect themselves from rogues and such. Once they got to the training field, Santana actually felt challenged when fighting against the other female. Looking down at her own body, she compared herself to Damon’s mate. Santana had a six pack, whilst Scarlett had almost an eight. She felt jealous, but happy for her ‘saviour’ to have a mate like ‘Scar,’ she now called her.

“Hey Scar, baby, how come you didn’t come last night like you said you would?” a voice boomed across the field.

Santana looked over to see a good looking man, along with five others trailing behind him, walking towards them. He had blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes, a little bit of subtle hair growing around his chin, and had a playful look about him. She could tell he was a fun, carefree guy. Her gaze turned to Scar, who seemed to be pissed off for some reason.