CHAPTER ONE

Here we go again thought Mevkibe, as three year old Sanem took off.  This child is nothing like her six-year-old sister, Leyla. Mevkibe took off after her baby who thought she could catch a bird.  As she went around the corner, as that child was out of sight again, she stopped shocked.  Her little curly dark headed child stood holding a blue bird in her tiny hand.  The bird was just watching and listening as the child talked.

Her baby was saying, "Now fly away, but come back to see me tomorrow."  The bird nodded its head and took off.  Mevkibe just shook her head, as this was new.   Usually butterflies, ladybugs, and lightning bugs flew into her baby's hands, but this was the first bird.

Sanem turned and walked toward her Anne, saying, "Anne, birdie be back tomorrow."  Then she just toddled toward the house.

Such was the life of the Aydin's keeping up with their youngest child

Such was the life of the Aydin's keeping up with their youngest child.   Mevkibe could not wait to tell Nihat the adventure Sanem has had today.  This was just a long list of strange things that happened around their youngest child.

Meanwhile Leyla was sitting at the garden table doing her first grade arithmetic that she loved.  Sanem ran to her saying, "Sissy I caught a bird, and he is coming back tomorrow." Leyla said, "No you didn't, stop telling stories.  Anne, Sanem is making up stuff again."

Mevkibe replied, "No, this time Sanem held a blue bird.  I saw her talking to the bird out front."  Sanem said, "See Sissy, I did too! I want to go tell Baba, Anne."   Mevkibe said, "Not now sweetie, he's busy at the store.  Let's go lay down for a little nap."

Sanem said, "Okay Anne, then I can dream about the boy that is coming to get me one day

Sanem said, "Okay Anne, then I can dream about the boy that is coming to get me one day." Mevkibe shook her head again, as Sanem has been saying this ever since she begin talking, that someday a boy was coming to get her.

Over the next few years, it was always the same, Sanem's parents trying to keep up with their little dreamer.   It drove Leyla crazy, and she even told Sanem she was a crazy sister. All animals loved Sanem, and her parents had to keep a close watch or their house would be full of animals looking for her.   If Sanem was not with animals, she was always smelling and picking flowers, wherever she went.