Getting Familiar

Bliss 

I have been in Charming for about a week now, I have been doing tattoos for the club along side Happy. I have been quite content here and have been getting to know the guys very well. Clay was nice, but there was something off about him, which I never bothered to bring up because he is the president. I have been getting quite close with Jax, Chibs, Opie, and Bobby. I have to admit, spending time around the club has been awesome. I've been spending a lot of time with Jax and he really is sweet and caring. 

"Liss!" Jax called and I immediately went over to the picnic tables to him. "What's up J?" He was the only one who called me 'Liss' and I was the only one who called him 'J'. Over this week, I have found out a lot about Jax. He's got a kid on the way and him and his ex-wife have a lot of issues. He has been really busy with the club and hasn't seen a doctor bill in weeks. I suggested that I go to his house to check on her but he shot that down. 

"You wanna go for a ride?" He asked making me look up at him. "Yeah sure. Let's go." I said. 

Happy knew Jax and I were talking a lot and he never said anything so I assumed he was good with it. Jax got on his bike and I swung my leg over after and he handed me his helmet. I took it knowing he wouldn't take me unless I wore it. So I put it on and he started up his bike before we rode off the lot. I loved being with Jax, he made me feel as safe as I do with Happy. 

When we stopped, we were up at a storage facility. He was looking through baby stuff but he wanted me there with him and that was sweet. When he was looking through the stuff his phone rang so I began looking through the stuff closer to the back. I found a stroller and a highchair. They looked pretty sturdy so I tried to get them out from under all of the junk in the locker. 

"Thanks grandma." He smirked before he hung up. I struggled with the stroller before Jax came and helped me with it. "Shit, thanks J." 

"No problem. You know, you're the only one that calls me that. I think I'd shoot anyone else if they called me that." Jax joked and I giggled at him. "You're the only one who calls me Liss so what's your point?" 

I smiled before turning around with my back to him as I bent over to grab the knocked over highchair. I felt his hand on my side and he bent over as well and grabbed the other end and we picked it up easily together. "I'm not a complete weakling you know." He laughed as we set it down. 

"I know. It's just in an awkward spot." He looked around the storage unit again before his eyes squinted at a box sitting on the floor of the unit. 

I left him to it and brought all the baby stuff up to the front of the unit so he could just come back and pick it up easily and quickly. "You didn't have to help." He stated. 

"I know. I wanted to. Your kid deserves the whole world." I smiled as I picked up a little bear that was on the floor. 

I tossed it into the highchair. "If you want, I can come back and pick all this stuff up and drop it off at your house. I can do it while you and Hap are busy with the club." I smiled at him and he locked up the unit and handed me the keys to it and another set of keys. 

"These are the keys to my house, just set it in the living room." I just nodded at him, shoved the keys into my pocket before putting on his helmet and swinging my leg over his bike. I held onto him tightly. He dropped me off at the clubhouse and I nodded at the club before getting into my car and heading back up to the storage unit. It took about twenty minutes to get there. When I unlocked it, I grabbed the stroller and the highchair and a few more small things and packed them into my trunk before locking up the storage unit and heading to Jax's house. 

I pulled into the driveway and noticed Gemma's Cadillac ahead of me. I got out of my car and went inside to find Gemma cleaning up the kitchen. "Hey Gem, what's up?"

"Wendy overdosed. Abel is 10 weeks premature. I need to clean this up before Jax comes home." Gemma seemed frantic. 

"Gemma. Gemma!" I grabbed a hold of her to make her stop pacing. "Go be with Abel and Jax. I'll clean this up, alright?" She nodded quickly before I tossed her my keys and she left with my car. I began with the kitchen and cleaned everything before moving onto the bedrooms. It was clear that Wendy didn't clean at all. I cleaned the bathroom but I was on my knees finishing the toilet. As soon as I finished that, I did the floors and then moved onto the living room. I tidied and threw a load of laundry in the dryer. I was finished tidying and began wiping everything down when Jax opened the door. 

"Liss? What are you doing here?" I looked up and smiled. "Gemma was freaking out. The house was a god damn disaster so I told her I'd clean it and she went to the hospital." 

"I'm almost done. Just laundry and this room to finish." I smiled at him. 

"Cleaning was not something she was good at." I smiled as I grabbed the vacuum for the carpet. 

"Bliss, it's almost midnight. You did most of it. I'll have my ma finish it up tomorrow." Jax said, smiling. 

"Oh it's no problem, I don't have to be up early and your ma kind of has my car." I laughed. "She didn't leave the keys to her car either." 

Jax shook his head and sat down on his couch. "Are you alright, J? I know it can't be easy for you, but I'm here for you if you need me." 

He stood up and nodded, "I just need to grab something and I'll take you home." 

I bit my lip, "I hope you don't mind. I found the extra stash of meth and flushed it." 

He looked over at me and smirked. "I have no problems with that at all darlin'." 

We walked outside and I used my key to lock the door and I planned to hand it to him but before I could, he told me to hold onto it. I just nodded, knowing I could come over here and finish it. 

He gave me his helmet and once again I got onto his bike and he drove me home. When I got off and handed him back his helmet, he walked me up to the door.

"Jax, you look exhausted, did you want to stay the night?" I asked. He just nodded and I opened the garage. "Pull your bike into the garage alright?" 

Once again he nodded and I went inside to find Happy on the couch. He nodded at me and then Jax came in and he nodded at him as well. Jax nodded back at him. "Beer?" I asked a general question. "Yeah." They both said. 

I grabbed two beers and a water for myself and handed them both a beer. 

"I'm headed to bed. Jax, you know which room is mine. Come to bed whenever you're ready." Jax just followed me into the room. Once the door closed behind him, he was quickly shedding his kutte and shoes. He took off his sweater and shirt before shedding his pants and climbing into the bed. I folded his clothes and hung his kutte gently on the chair. I walked into my attached bathroom and did my business before taking off my pants and shirt. I put on a SAMCRO t-shirt that Happy had given me and undid my bra, taking that off. I put them in the laundry basket and made my way into the bed. 

When I sat on the bed, Jax was already sleeping and I just plugged in my phone before I got underneath the covers and laid down. It didn't take me long to fall asleep after my head hit the pillow but the last thing I thought about was Jax.