Chapter 6: Capture the Flag... And Kisses.

Chapter 6:

One by one, the members of our team leap out of the train car. I wait at the back of the line, and Zeke smirks at me. I roll my eyes as I smile, and he grins. "Your team's going down." He says as he winks when I get up to jump off.

"We'll see about that, dude." I say, then leap out of the train, Zeke's happy laughter moving father and farther away from me wth each second.

I've never liked jumping off of the trains at night, because you can't see where you'll land, and you could jump straight into a building.

My stomach drops when I leap off of the train, and then slams into the ground when I do. Pain echoes through my legs, starting at my ankles and flying up into my already pain-filled knee.

Once I regain my balance, I stand up, and walk to where the whole team is meeting up.

My father already has a special plan; he always has; The Ferris Wheel.

"Six and I will climb up the Ferris Wheel, and place the flag at the top, and we will then guard the Wheel." My dad pauses, "I want four of you on offense, and four of you on defense."

"Maddie, Olivia, Colsen, and Ashton are on defense. You will hide in the bushes around the Ferris Wheel, and then you will shoot anyone from the other team who comes near the Ferris Wheel." My mom says.

"The rest of you will be on offense, and sneak attack the other side. Go!" My mom finishes.

I walk over to one of the bushes, Steven Colsen directly behind me. I then climb behind one of the bushes, and Colsen climbs in right next to me. I sigh. Why is he right next to me? Why me?

I look at him, and as soon as I open my mouth to say something, he leans in, until our breaths are mixing, and then he leans in even closer, until there is no space.

And. His. Lips. Are. On. Mine.

I don't know why, but I kiss him back. Also, the weird thing is, I feel sparks, fireworks even, when I kiss him. When I kissed Jordan, I never felt like this.

I feel alive right now.

I know this is wrong, but something just told me to. The best thing is- Jordan is all the way across Navy Pier, he doesn't know what's happening right now. "Did you like that?" He whispers, his lips brushing against my ear, and his hot breaths tingling my face with every word. I feel his lip piercing against my skin and I cringe.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever, but I don't know anything about you. I just know that you hate your first name, and that all of a sudden you just kissed me and—you know what, I don't guess it matters." I say, putting my hand on his padded chest, then moving it to pull a leaf out of his blonde-brown hair.

After we recuperate, we jump out of the bushes, and get into defensive position.

A few minutes later, I hear a rustling in the bushes. Then Julia walks out of the bushes. "It's just me, guys." She says breathlessly, then giggles.

"I need backup. Everyone else has been shot. Can You and Steven come with me?" She questions. I nod slightly.

"It's Colsen!" Colsen says and Then Julia motions for me to follow her.

We walk across the Pier, until we reach an old, abandoned building, and then we stop there. "They're hiding the flag underneath the bean. I'll run out and distract them, and then you two go for the flag." She says.

"Okay." Colsen says. Then she walks out. "Yo hoes! Yeah, I'm talking to you! Come and get me!" She shouts. All of the guards from their side run and follow her silhouette, as it becomes smaller the farther away she runs.