Chapter 47: Again? Shoot.

Song: 3005- Childish Gambino
Two months Later
••••

"You get it." Ty tells me in response to Hannah's screeching that echoes from her nursery.

These past couple of months have been a living hell for me, for mainly two reasons. I want to get romantic with Ty, and make love, but I can't.

Also, Hannah has really been one of those babies that love to cry at night. Ty and I have gotten zero sleep over the occurrence of these past two months.

Ariana, who is happily enjoying this realm of parenting, told me that the bags that have placed themselves under my eyes are designer bags, which I don't even believe.

She tried to give me parenting tips, but her child doesn't screech like an eagle at one in the fucking morning.

Lucas, who goes by Luke, only ever whimpers. Tears fall down his face silently, but he never just has a full out tantrum.

He's already four months old, but Hunter says that he loves learning. He always says it sadly, in a manner that means that Luke would transfer to Erudite.

It makes me think about Hannah's future. It always stumps me, even though she's got Dauntless deep in her blood, that doesn't mean anything- Divergence is in her blood as well, from both Ty and I.

I stomp up the stairs, my feet resembling cinder blocks instead of actual feet.

I dash into Hannah's room, to see her squirming in her crib, and the window open. I never opened the window. "Ty?" I shout, concerned.

"Yes, honey?" He asks, and I can hear his footsteps coming up the stairs.

I pick up Hannah, who screams even louder. I kiss her forehead, calming her down only the slightest bit.

He enters the room, and I turn to face him. "Did you open Hannah's window?" I question, bouncing an unhappy fifteen pound baby on my hip. I tickle her stomach, and she buries her face in my stomach.

He shakes his head. I furrow my eyebrows, looking in the window's direction. A gust of cold, October wind blows into the window, and Ty shuts it.

Hannah's face scrunches up, and she looks miserable. "this is it." I chant. "I'm going to my mom's place. She's raised four kids, she should know what the problem here is." I finish in an annoyed tone.

I walk Hannah over to the changing table, stripping her of her onesie, in favor of some little black legging pants, and a black long sleeved shirt.

I put some little dark gray socks on her teeny tiny feet. I stuff a beanie in my pants pocket just in case she needs it if she gets cold.

I walk to the master bedroom, and lay Hannah on the bed gently. I quickly grasp at my jacket and then slip it on. I blow out a hot breath onto my freezing hands and pick Hannah up.

"Let's go!" I squeal, trying to make her understand, but she just looks at me blankly and blinks. "Bye honey." I say, and kiss Ty on the lips.

Hannah slaps her hand where our lips are, and cries. I pull away from Ty and try to quiet her down. She eventually does, still sniffling, her eyes a glowing reddish-pink.

I exit the apartment, Ty still at home; he's not coming with us. I kiss Hannah's cheeks and nose, which are becoming increasingly red all the way to my parents' house.

I'm getting kind of scared; Hannah's never been this fussy with me. I wonder if it has something to do with the open window?

Maybe so, but I need to check with my mother to see if I can get any advice about what's happening.