Chapter 107: Inductions

Take Shelter- Years & Years
Maddie

I stretch as I open my eyes, and I wince. My legs burn as I move them to dangle over the side of the bed when I sit up. I turn and look at Ty's side of the bed and see that it's empty. I sigh, running a hand through my knotted hair.

I stand up, ignoring the burning sensation in my legs. Ty and I had a nice night last night, one that I won't soon forget. Last night was our first date since Dylan was born, and also our first night back at the house instead of being at Zeke's.

I smile as I walk downstairs. Ty sits in the living room with Dylan in his arms. I grin when I look at them, and Ty turns to me. "Hey, honey." He whispers as he holds a bottle to Dylan's little lips.

I sit down beside Ty and lay my head on his shoulder. "Hey." I say. I glance over at the clock and see that it's eight o'clock.

"Shit." I whisper as I look back at Ty.

"Hm?" He asks as he stands and carries Dylan to the kitchen with him to put the bottle away. He comes back into the living room while he's burping Dylan, and I sigh.

"Our meeting is at nine thirty. Do we know who's going to be babysitting?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"It doesn't matter to me, how about your parents?" He asks. I nod, pulling all of my hair to one side of my head, letting it fall gracefully over the front of my shoulders.

Ty cradles Dylan when he sits back down, rocking him back and forth slightly from one side to the other. I look at the two of them lovingly; my two boys.

Dylan's eyes, which have been open wide as they stare up at Ty, now close slowly, his pale and veiny skin lowering over them heavily now, and I know that he's drifted back off to sleep.

Ty stares down at Dylan, his eyebrows creased in concentration. His eyes scan over Dylan's body, then his eyebrows raise, and eventually settle when he leans down and kisses Dylan's forehead.

"I'll be back." He whispers as he walks upstairs, Dylan still locked safely in his arms. I hear a door click before heavy silence falls over the living room. I smile when I think of the way Ty was looking at Dylan. It was a look of disbelief, admiration, adoration, and a little mix of confusion.

Ty soon walks back downstairs, and stands in front of the couch. I stand up and hug him. As we sway back and forth slowly, Ty looks down at me after he kisses my hairline. I smile warmly at him when my gaze meets his.

"Last night was perfect." He whispers as he places his forehead against mine. I curl my lips back into a small smile.

"It was a very wondrous night. It brought me pure joy." I whisper to him, and he grins at me with one of his innocent bright white smiles that I always melt over. I can feel my lips tingling as I look at his plump ones, and I bite my lip before connecting mine with his.

"I don't think it could've been better," he whispers as he pulls away for a second. Then he places an arm around my lower back, pulling me close to him, the other moving to stay placid on my face, my cheek. I have one hand on his cheek and the other placed on the back of his neck.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Ty," I whisper as I pull away and lay our foreheads together, allowing our breaths to intermix. "You're not the perfect guy, because there's no such thing. But you are the perfect guy for me." I whisper as if it's a secret that only the two of us know. He grins giddily before smirking.