Chapter 59: Together Once Again.

Her (@factionsystem on IG) edits are the best! They make me cry they're so good.
Be Real- Kid Ink feat. Dej Loaf

Ty and I walk hand in hand through the pit, and I can't stop from thinking about that night. I stop in place as we walk up the pit walls, and look at Ty. He stares at me, eyebrows furrowed.

"Maddie?" Ty questions as he steps closely to me. He looks downward into my eyes, but I stay placid. I look at him suspiciously.

"Ty. Tell me the truth about that night. What really happened?" I ask suddenly. I feel like he's hiding something from me. I don't know why, I just do.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I'll tell you when we get to the coffee shop." He looks at me for a second before we start walking again.

We press upward, toward the sky level, where its a flat, concrete square that stores are located in.

Shops and such are spread across the middle of the square, and the Dauntless Coffee Co. is at the very top. Small circular tables sit outside the doors of the coffee shop, giving it a vaguely home-ish look.

We continue to walk, now walking through the sky level square, and eventually, we reach the coffee shop. We step inside, and a woman looks at us.

Her blonde hair is tied back into a ponytail, and she wears black clothing and a black apron with the coffee shop logo on it.

"What do you want?" She asks in an annoyed voice. What a horrible attitude for such a nice-looking person. "Two espressos." We say simply.

The woman nods, and we pay, before stepping out of the coffee shop, where other civilized members of Dauntless sit.

Ty holds my hands on top of the cold black metallic table. The chairs aren't very comfortable, but I guess that's okay. We shouldn't be here that long, anyway.

"Maddie." His eyes flicker from my hands to my face. "I'm sorry." I roll my eyes. His eyes stare in my direction, and they look more emerald green than ever before. Maybe it's the light.

"I know but that doesn't change what happened and I don't want to go back to that." I state coldly. He nods. "I can forgive you, but I can't ever forget it."

My eyes begin to tear up, and I have to think about something happy for a few seconds to keep the tears from flowing out freely.

"Got it?" I ask. He nods. "Yep." He states simply, still nodding.

"Okay. So now on to other things." I say heavily. I look at him briefly before the woman comes out with our drinks. "Here ya go." She slides the drinks in our direction, then proceeds to leave.

"Anywho..." I start back. "Hannah." Ty's eyes look fearful as if I'm about to say something awful. I sport a confused look. "Is gonna have to have regular milk and formula." I state in a sentence but it comes out like a question.

"Oh okay." He says in a sigh of relief. I nod. I look around to see if anyone is paying attention to us. Nope. "Ty. What happened that night?" I ask. He makes an 'o' with his mouth and looks at me.

"Well, I was kind of upset after our argument, and I was just wandering around the pit until I saw my friend, Josh." He looks at me.