Chapter 34: Telling Parents

🎉 I'm back! 🎉
Song: Years and Years- King
••••

Welcome to 'Flipping Your House!' The Dauntless way!" The announcer on the television screen says. I pull another potato chip out of the bag, shoving it into my mouth.

Ty sits beside me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. "When are we going to tell our parents?" He questions.

A heavy sigh flies out of my mouth. "We could today if you want," I shrug. "It doesn't matter to me."

"Yeah. Let's do it now." He says. I set down my potato chips and stand up. "I'm going to go get ready." I say.

I walk upstairs, putting on a black t-shirt, and black pants. I slip on my combat boots and we're ready. I race downstairs, and we leave.

As we begin to walk past the chasm, which is near my parents' house, I begin to fidget.

I wasn't nervous back at the house, but now the nervousness kicks in. My hands start to shake; my palms sweat.

What if they don't want anything to do with me anymore? What if Ty leaves me?

The questions circle my head, making me dizzy. I do keep my composure though. We arrive at my parents' house.

I remember Ty saying that Shauna and Zeke were supposed to be over here today. Something about betting against my dad or something.

We knock on the door, and my mother answers it.

"Maddie! Ty!" She says, engulfing us into a hug. "It's so great to see you! Come in! Take a seat!" She says. My mother always has had the Abnegation hospitality. She tried to teach Hunter, Olivia, and I, but... She gave up.

We step inside, and walk over to the couch. I study the fabric to keep myself calmed down. If I look at little things, I stay calm and steady. It's a habit I've grown on over the years.

"We have news." We say as Shauna, Zeke, And my parents sit down. "What is it?" My father says, an edge to his voice.

He seems a little unhappy. He must have lost a bet; he gets really unhappy when he loses a bet.

My mother glares at him. He rolls his eyes.

I take a breath. I look at Ty. "Ty I can't." I say, my eyes welling up with tears. I start to breathe heavier.

My parents always told me that they didn't want me to have a baby at a young age. My parents had the triplets at a young age, but they said they didn't want that happening to me.

I breathe faster. My heart feels like it's going to spiral right out of my chest.

I look at Ty. "I'll tell them. Just calm down. It will be okay." He says, wrapping an arm around my small build.

"What is it? Did you guys get a new house or something?" Zeke asks, concerned. He's oblivious to everything. I shake my head, now calm again.

My heart is still beating fast; I can hear it in my ears. It makes me feel sick.

"We're..." Ty starts. He gazes at me, his eyes seem fiery with a passion I've only seen a few times before. He licks his lips, and stares at my parents.

"Expecting." The word glides out of his mouth in a quiver. They all gasp. A chorus of congratulations is said, and my mother hugs me. My father looks at Ty.

He then signals for Ty to meet him in the kitchen. Ty wipes his hands on his pants and then walks toward my father. "Wish me luck." He says as he stands.

Good luck, seriously." I say to him, and he smiles. My mother sits down beside me.

"You're becoming a bright, smart, young girl." She tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm very proud."