Chapter 106: First Times

Real- Years and Years
Ty

I hold Hannah on my hip as Maddie and I step into our house. I set Hannah down as Maddie walks over to Dylan's playpen and sets him down inside of it. Hannah races over to the playpen and stares at Dylan as she sits down. "Deelon," she says quietly, and I smile, then frown.

They're a threat to our city. Whether Jeanine and the Elite and Jordan remember anything or not, they're still dangerous. They're just like us. They're dangerous. Hannah Sofia and Dylan Lee are deadly.

Maddie and I are deadly, and it's been proven. People have died because of the two of us, but I guess we've just learned to live with the blood on our hands. Hannah and Dylan will have to do the same.

I hold my gaze on Dylan, who lays in the playpen, and Hannah, who sits down beside it, her hands against the mesh walls, staring at her brother. "Bababa," Dylan waves his arms towards Hannah, and Hannah grins.

"Deelon! Deelon! See-bing!" She grins at him, and the smile on my face reappears.

Maddie places the diaper bags off to the side of the living room, and I do the same with our bags.

Maddie lays down on the floor and stretches out. "Home sweet home." She whispers, "Where we can do whatever we want." She wiggles her eyebrows, and I feel my cheeks heating up.

I didn't realize until now, but it's been like a month since Maddie and I have actually had a date or done anything intimate. Sure, we've had those little moments where we hold each other's gaze, held the other in our arms, and just silent time where we tell the other that we love them, which I guess you could say are some of the most intimate moments, but it just doesn't seem like we've had many of them.

I miss our exciting sex life, but I guess you do kind of have to give it up when you're running from the authorities and are the parents of two children, a toddler and an infant, while you're also maintaining a job to survive.

Man, I guess it really is give and take.

I grin as I stretch my arms out to Maddie, and she takes them. I pull her to stand up, and she's flush against me. Her body is warm, I can feel the heat radiating off of it, and I lean down to kiss her, my hands still in hers.

My hands spasm in hers, and I feel her smile against my lips. "Mommee!" Hannah exclaims. "Da?"

I pull my lips away from hers slightly, and she looks at me lovingly, her lip caged between her straight, white teeth. I lean down close to her ear. "You know how I feel about that." I whisper into her ear, and she shivers, but releases her lip from between her teeth, and sticks it out as she pouts.

I kiss her lip, and then turn to Hannah. "Yes, baby girl?" I ask her as I crouch down close to the floor.

Maddie stands beside me, and Hannah toddles over to the two of us like a penguin. She falls into my arms, and I stand back up, picking her up. I place her high up on my hip, and her little whale spout ponytail bounces around on her little head.

Maddie runs her hands up and down her crossed arms as she walks over to us. "Hey, Hannah." Maddie says, and kisses her little red cheek.

"Lo Mama, Lo Da." She whispers, and I look at Maddie as I smile.

"Mama loves you too, Hannah." Maddie says to her, and I smile.