Chapter 5: Breakups and no makeups.

Chapter 5:

After an afternoon of punching the punching bags, shooting guns, and throwing knives, we finish training.

Uriah and Zeke didn't really even show us anything; just helped us on our stances. "You're free to go!" Uriah yells. Zeke told us that he loves to yell.

I figured that out long ago, about seven years ago, with a flashlight and a plastic spider.

Now, I walk out of the training room side by side with Ashton and Ariana. We walk to the Dining Hall, making socially awkward small talk, because none of us really want to talk.

"So, where were you at lunch today?" Ashton asks me, "We were all hanging out in the Pit together since we finished eating pretty quickly."

I sigh, "Jordan took me to that fancy restaurant in the Pit. I'm still trying to break up with him, but so far I've been unsuccessful." I tell them. Ariana smirks.

Soon, we approach the Dining Hall, and then walk inside. It's loud and noisy like usual, but it all seems muffled tonight. I see Jordan sitting with Steven and Angela, something that I consider new for him.

"Why is that hoe sitting with those other hoes?!" Ashton exclaims as we walk towards the line. I laugh, stuffing my hands in my hoodie pocket.

"I don't know," Ariana says, "But he really is a hoe." She laughs as she leans into my shoulder, "he's a hoe for you."

"Stop!" I exclaim when she closes her statement. We all start laughing, and Ashton and Ariana both pretty much fall onto me as we continue to laugh. I catch Jordan looking at us but I like it. His eyes are stone cold, but I like that.

He's jealous, and that's how I like it. I want him to hurt, and that sounds so screwed up and fucked up, but it's what my heart wants.

>>

After eating our meal in the noisy Dining Hall, we walk back to the dormitories, and I take a short, warm, shower. I just need to get away, and I wish that I could, but I'm kind of limited to this underground sewer system that this place feels like at the moment.

I first grab my clothes, and then go to a shower stall. I then peel off my old, grimy clothes, and hop into the shower.

I scrub my head with the shampoo, and then rinse it off, I then do the same thing with the conditioner, and then I finally wash my body. It's night, so I have a little more time.

No one really takes showers until the morning, so it's quiet.

After I finish my bath, I put on some deodorant and fresh, soft, clean pajamas- shorts and a tank top. I walk back out into the Dormitory and lean against the wall on my bed, pulling my hoodie on.

"Hey girl." Abby says when she comes back into the room with Hunter. She sits down on the edge of my bunk, and I sigh. Jordan is across the room, asleep. I look over at him and roll my eyes.

"I wanna break up with him so badly." I say as I hold my gaze on Jordan, who lays in his bed, his lanky frame shirtless under the blankets on his bunk. Hunter, who leads against the wall beside me, grins.

"I would, too." He says, and I laugh. It's all I can do to lighten the mood around here.

>>

I lay on my bunk, looking at the empty bunk next to me. That bunk was Hunter's, but now he's moved across the room so that he can be closer to Abby. Now it's just an empty space, sitting there, collecting dust.