Chapter 114: Saving Ty

Never Be Like You- Flume
Sleepless- Flume
Maddie

Ashton and I walk through the halls of the compound on our way to his parents' house, where Shauna and my mother will be staying while we go get Ty. Ashton holds Hannah and her diaper bag and I hold Dylan and his bag.

I could've managed it all by myself, but I just wasn't feeling up to it today.

We turn down Shauna and Zeke's hall, and Ashton hugs Hannah. "Hannah Banana!" He exclaims, making her giggle. Dylan stares up at me in a mesmerized manner, and I smile down at him. We approach Shauna's door, and I knock on it. My mother answers it, smiling.

"Come in." She opens the door for us, and we both step inside, setting down bags and the babies. I place Dylan in Shauna's arms, and Ashton places Hannah on the floor.

My mother shuts the door, then walks over to stand in front of us. "Don't do anything stupid. I don't want to hear word of you two being tricked and then held captive like Ty." She raises her eyebrows, and we nod.

She sits down next to Shauna. "Watch out for the traps," she says to us. "Also watch out for the guards. They're everywhere." She closes her eyes and purses her lips, then smiles at us.

"Hopefully you guys can get Ty back." Shauna says, beaming. "You guys be safe and don't get yourselves into trouble." We nod once again, and then turn to leave. We're halfway out the door, but Hannah starts crying.

"Mama NO!" Hannah screeches, and I look at Ashton, who bites his lip in confusion. I turn back and crouch down in front of the crying Hannah. I pick up her stuffed bear and hand it to her, then hug her.

"Mama's going to get Da, sweetheart." I whisper to Hannah, kissing her cheek.

"DA!" Hannah cries out, clutching the bear close to her. "MISS DA!" She shouts. I pat her back as she coughs a little bit, and then hug her and kiss her once more.

"Da and I will both be back soon, Hannah. I promise." I say, then tell her goodbye. I turn and walk out with Ashton, leaving Hannah behind with Dylan, both of them crying their heads off. It pains me to do that, but I need to save Ty. He's going to die if we don't save him.

Ashton and I walk down to the weapons lab once we leave Shauna and Zeke's apartment, which is just a few floors above the lab. My father and Zeke wait for us there.

We trample down the steps on a metal stairwell, eventually ending up at the weapons lab, which just looks like a big black safe from the outside.

We knock on the door five times, and my father opens up the door. He ushers us inside, then closes the door behind us.

My father hands Ashton and I both jackets that have many pockets for ammo, and we pull them on, zipping them and buttoning them up. The jackets that we wear mimic those that Zeke and my father wear. "I guess it's good that Lynn works down here, that way no one will be suspicious about the fact that we're in here." Zeke says optimistically to try to get our minds off of Ty. I nod.

Zeke hands both Ashton and I guns and ammo, telling us to put those in our pockets. We do, and then we are both handed a knife each.

"We'll discuss our final plan on the train." My father says roughly, and then leads us out of the lab. He locks the door back, and then nods at us as we head to ground level and eventually the train tracks.