Chapter 27: Wedding Plans...

Wedding Plans:

Song of The Chapter: On The Floor- Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull

••••

I take another bite of cereal, making a large crunching sound when I chew.

"You crunch your cereal too loudly." Ty squints his eyes at me from across the large dining room table. "Sorry!" I say, trying to sound sassy.

"Oooo. Sassy. I like it." He says, reaching For the cereal box and pouring more into his bowl.

I flip my hair and snap my fingers. "Sassy." I whisper.

I try to keep a straight face, but I soon fail, and nearly double over laughing. Milk spews from my mouth, onto the table.

"Glad I'm all the way over here," Ty says, turning and walking to stand behind the wall of the kitchen, in the living room. He then picks up some paper towels and starts cleaning the table.

"Sorry," I say. Ty narrows his eyes. "I'm sure you are," he says. "But my cereal will still end up being soggy by the time I'm done." He says and I laugh even harder.

>>

Once we've cleaned up, I look at my left hand. My ring finger particularly.

"Ty!" I call. I hear the shower running. Crap.

I hear the water stop after I sit on the terrace for a few minutes, then I see Ty come out wearing sweats and no shirt. He rubs a towel over his hair to dry it.

His chest still has beads of water resting upon it. His abs are toned, so I'm guessing he's been working out. "What?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

I jump. He startled me out of my thoughts. "Um. We uh need to plan for the wedding!" I say.

"Oh. Yeah. I don't really care, just don't make it purple. Or pink. You know I hate those colors." He says, and then walks out.

"Ty! Wait!" I call. He comes back out, tossing the towel into the living room. "Huh?" He looks at me with his eyebrows raised.

"When are you going to get your tux?" I ask. he shrugs. "Today I guess. When will the wedding be?" He asks. "I don't know. I need to talk to Noelia about it." I sigh.

"Who the heck is Noelia?" He says, squinting his eyes again. I giggle. "She works at the bridal shop. With my friend, Abby." I say. "Oh... Makes sense." He says. "Yeah."

"I guess I'll call the girls and plan with them. I might even get my dress today." I shrug. He nods.

>>

I hear a knock on the door and I jump up from my seat. That must be the girls! And by 'the girls' I mean: Camden, Abby, Nohea, Olivia, and Ariana, my best friend who I haven't talked to in like six months.

I practically run to the door, taking no time to open it.

When I do, they all fall onto me into a pile of giggles. "Maddie!" Ariana shouts, her brunette hair flows behind her as she runs up to me and attacks me in a hug.

"It's been so long! You've changed so much!" I laugh. "Yeah, even though you sound like my grandparents." I joke.

"That's my Maddie!" She says, patting my back.

I point to my face with my left hand, since my right is around Ariana's shoulder. I didn't even think about the ring.

They all gasp. "Is this why we're here?" Camden shouts. "You're getting married?" She says.