Chapter 103: Home. Well, Not Really

Fourth of July- Fall Out Boy

We step into Zeke and Shauna's apartment, backpacks stuffed full on our backs. "You know exactly where you'll be staying." Zeke raises his eyebrows at Ty, and he nods knowingly.

He takes my hand, and pulls me along with him down a long hallway with wooden flooring. We turn into a room, and I take a look around.

It's very plain. The walls are a dark gray, like the rest of the house. There's a full or maybe a queen sized bed in the corner of the room, a small window above it, near the ceiling.

Next to the bed is a small wooden nightstand, which holds a small lamp. I turn, and see a small crib in the corner. Dylan sleeps silently in the crib.

Next to the crib, I see a rectangle section of mirrors. Ty places our backpacks over there, then pulls on a handle. The doors pull away from the wall, revealing a closet.

Silently, Ty pulls clothes off of hangers and throws them to the corner of the closet. He makes just enough room for our clothes, or current clothes in his sense.

"This used to be your room?" I ask as I look over the room once more. He nods.

"Yeah. Every single morning I'd wake up late and see Ashton running through that hallway, muttering curse words and brushing his teeth." He chuckles, and I smile.

He hangs our clothes, then lays our backpacks in the closet, on the clear floor. I sit on the edge of the bed, and he walks over to sit beside me.

"This is going to be the start of something horrible." I say, and Ty nods.

"We'll get through it." Ty says, and I know that, deep down, he doesn't even believe it himself. I lean into him, and kiss him. He allows an arm to move to my side, and I place my hands on his cheeks.

A door clicks, but I ignore it. It looks like Ty does as well.

"Seriously? C'mon guys, there's no time for this. You guys need to come with me." I hear a voice say. I pull my lips away from Ty's, and we both look up at Zeke.

"C'mon!" He says to us, so we stand up and follow him. We walk back down the long hallway, and back into the living room. We walk to the front door, wait for Zeke to tell Shauna goodbye, and then follow Zeke out.

>>                    Zeke

I walk back to Ty's room to tell him that I'm going to work at the control room. I hate working the night shift, but that is when things get interesting in Erudite. That's when they keep their lights on all night and perform some weird experiments.

So, in a sense, it's actually not that bad to work the night shift. I stop in front of their door and open it. The door clicks as I turn it, and I look inside, seeing Ty with his arm wrapped around Maddie, kissing her. They don't stop, so I let out a groan.

"Seriously? C'mon guys, there's no time for this, you guys need to come with me." I say. Maddie and Ty separate, and look at me like I'm insane. "C'mon!" I exclaim, and they stand, walking out the door and into the hallway with me.

I tell Shauna goodbye, and then walk out, Ty and Maddie right on my tail. "So we're coming with you because...?" I hear Maddie ask.