Chapter 96: Kicks and Conversations.

Lush Life- Zara Larsson
Ty's POV

I walk underneath each of the dim turquoise security lamps that hang in the middle of the dauntless pathways. I hold Hannah on my hip, her diaper bag on my shoulder as we walk to my parents' house. Maddie is back at our house with Olivia, Ariana and Abby, having a girls' night.

I've just decided to go and sit and talk to my parents for the night, because I'm that guy without a social life pretty much. I kiss Hannah as we pass under a little cliff, then hug her close to me. "Da!" She shouts, glee in her voice.

She wraps her tiny fingers around my thumb and then smiles at me, showing her mouth full of little teeth. Hannah is now nineteen months old- pretty mind blowing if you ask me.

"Hannah!" I say to her. She giggles. "Hann...ah." She gurgles, then throws her head back. I laugh, and she kicks her little legs against my side as she giggles. She looks up at me, her eyes very serious.

"Boo." I say to her, and she falls into a fit of laughter. I caress her little cheek as she lays her head on my chest, and kiss her hair, continuing to walk.

We walk down my parents' hall, near the chasm, and I end up at their door. I knock, and Hannah buries her head into my chest. "Sh, it's okay Hannah." I whisper to her, and my father opens the door.

His head faces back into the house. "Yeah, I'll get it in a minute, Shauna." He laughs, then turns to face me. "Hey, Ty! Hello Hannah!" He smiles down at Hannah, and she looks up at me, laughing.

"Zee!" She shouts up at me, "Zee!" Her big brown eyes stare into mine with a sense of curiosity in them. I smile down at her, nodding.

I look up at my father as Hannah goes into a laughing fit. "Hey. She really has the giggles today." I smile. He nods, chuckling.

"Come in." He opens up the door, and we step inside. I set Hannah down, and she races toward the couch, where my mother sits. She looks down into a basket of yarn, her eyebrows creased in concentration.

"Is that Ty?" She asks happily. "Yeah," my father replies as he walks over to the couch. I sit on the love seat across from them, Hannah in my arms once again.

I place Hannah beside me, toward the back of the couch, a pillow behind her. She gurgles at me, hitting her thighs with her tiny hands, making a slapping sound.

"Hey Ty." My mother says softly. "Hey," I reply.

My dad leans back into the couch and wraps his arm around my mother, who has now put the yarn basket away. I sit with my arm stretched across the back of the couch, my right leg thrown across my left leg in a casual manner.

"So it's a boy?" My mother asks. I nod. "You figured out a name yet?" She asks me.

I nod once again. She raises her eyebrows as if asking me to explain. "Dylan Lee Pedrad." I smile at the name choice. My father slaps his hands against his cheeks, gaping.

"Oh my- what a handsome name!" My mother says, standing up. She walks over to the wall and slips on her combat boots, then hugs me.

"I gotta go for my shift at Christina's baby store." She shrugs.

"Bye, mom." I say to her. "Bye, Ty." She grins, then tells Hannah goodbye as well as my father, then leaves.