Chapter 58: Breakfast N' Stuff.

Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
~~ Ty ~~

The bed feels cold and empty when I wake. My head throbs as I clutch at it, trying to remember last night. Maddie must already be awake. Maybe she had a meeting today?

All I want to do is take my brain out of my head- maybe that will make the throbbing stop. I stand up, and it's even worse. What did happen last night?

I cautiously make my way downstairs, to grab a bottle of water. I look at the couch, seeing Maddie's jacket gone from its usual spot.

I furrow my eyebrows as I pop the cap off of the bottle of water in my hand, chugging it down my dry, aching throat, which burns ferociously.

The cold water flows through my body, giving me strength, and fighting off the throbbing in my head. I decide to go upstairs and see if Hannah's awake.

I carefully hold the bottle of water as I walk up the stairs and down the hall, to Hannah's room. I crack open the door and see Hannah's crib empty, diapers spread across the floor, and some of her stuff gone.

The dam breaks. The memories being held away in my mind come out in a flood.

The tavern. The drinks. Maddie's tear-stricken face in the darkness of the night. Her voice as she looked at me with pure hatred, "I'll never forget this, Ty."

I hold my head in my hands. I've totally screwed up. I've got to go find her. It's the only thing I can do.

>>

The sound of my hand rapping on the wooden door of Maddie's parents' home makes my head ache. Maddie has to be here. There's no other place that she could go.

Four answers the door. "He- oh. It's you. Where's Maddie?" His voice is cold and hard- no doubt it's his instructor voice.

"Hello," I say, but I stop after that. How am I supposed to tell him that Maddie left me last night because I was drunk and doing stupid things? I should have thought this through. There's another thing I screwed up.

"She.... She left." I sigh audibly, trying to hold back the tears. I guess she's not here if Four is asking where she is.

Four grabs me by the collar of my shirt. "You. You made her leave. I saw it all on the Control Room Cameras. You're such a bastard." He throws me on the ground, and I hear someone shout, but all I feel is pain in the back of my head from where I hit the ground.

~~ Maddie ~~

When I wake, I don't see Ty. "Oh," I mumble to myself when I remember last night.

I roll over, and look at Hannah. She sleeps peacefully, her hands above her head and her legs stretched out wide. She looks like a starfish.

Ariana and Hunter let me use their guest room, so I'm in an empty bedroom. I scoop Hannah into my arms, careful to keep her asleep.

Even though she can't hear me, I look at her face that resembles Ty. "It'll get better soon," I push a wisp of brown hair from her face. "I promise." I grin, even though this situation makes me want to scream and cry.

Hannah's face scrunches up, and she begins to wail. I try to quiet her down but she only screams louder. She clutches her stomach, her tiny hands becoming white with the increased pressure.

fearlessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara