Chapter 4: Bake Sale

I woke up with a weird feeling in my gut. I felt like I was forgetting something but I couldn't place my finger on it. Oh well, I told myself brushing it off. If it was something important I'm sure I would have remembered it.

I took a quick shower, then put on some random grey leggings and an oversized black hoodie with my black Jordans. I then removed my phone from charging and was about to stuff it in my bag when I caught sight of something white. I pulled it and gasped, it was Jayden's white shirt.
I totally forgot about washing it.

I had fifteen minutes left before the final bell would go, and my school was a solid ten minute drive from my house. I could either go to school now to avoid being late and risk being killed by Jayden later on, or I could wash the shirt and then lie about why I was late.

The later definitely sounded more appealing. With that I ran to the washing machine and threw the shirt in it, then adding a little detergent, I started up the machine.

After the shirt was washed, rinsed and dried I got it out of the machine and what I saw made me scream so loud I was sure people at school could hear me. Good thing I was the only one home if not my parents would've definitely freaked.

Right now I had a bigger problem at hand though. Jayden's shirt was freaking pink. The washing machine was set to colour, ugh, why didn't I check that.

I had five minutes left. Well I'm officially screwed, I was going to be late and also get on Jayden's bad side today.

Way to kill two birds with a freaking stone. I almost yanked my hair out in frustration as I got in my car and made my way to school.

I ran to my first Period and burst through the door. Mrs Hamilton, your late my English Mrs wishaway scolded, her eyebrows raised in a sort of demand for a reply. What a bitch, didn't she see I was trying here.

I was certainly not in the mood for this, but I held my tongue and lied smoothly. A skill I was glad I possessed.

"I was caught up in a very bad traffic Mrs, I promise you it wouldn't happen again," I told her, making sure to portray how pitiful I looked.

"Whatever, just take a sit," she responded, waving me off.

I grudgingly made my way to the back and took a seat. The desk beside me was empty so I didn't have to be self conscious.

"So class you would casting a play in middle of the school year and it will consist half of your grade so if I were you, I'd take it seriously because I won't hesitate to fail any of you who doesn't," she droned, ignoring the groans from students. Sometimes I wish I could actually wish her away.

Mrs Wishaway was about to say something else, when she was cut off by the loud banging of the door. There stood Jayden in the door way, looking like he just had sex -which he probably did. Apart from his rumpled look, he still looked unnervingly gorgeous. What a showoff, nobody should have the right to look that gorgeous if they were downright jerks.

"Nice of you to join us Mr River," Mrs Wishaway said looking not in the very least bit amused.

"Pleasure is all mine," he replied, smirking, then he looked in my direction. I'm not even sure how he picked it up that quickly, must have been when I wasn't paying attention.

I quickly covered my face with my hair realizing a little too late, that the sit beside me, was the only empty one in the class. Just how many people took AP English. It's like this school was filled with fucking brains, I mean even Mr jerk face was here to.

"Now that we are all here, I'll like to announce that the play you'll be performing is Romeo and Juliet."
Sounds of protests rang within the four-walls of the class which was fairly understandable because one; the play was pretty old and two, we'd have to talk like hippies from the seventies.