108

"Shout out to the old me and everything you showed me"

- 5SOS
_______________________________________

--------------------15 years ago-------------------

"We are gathered here today... to bid our farewells to the young Min DaEun..." the priest spoke earnestly beside the fresh covered grave.

She looked up to the family that had came to the funeral and only sighed to herself.

Only the father and brother came to the funeral.

Usually, this would have been extremely strange for the priest but since the law of detaining all psychic users was lifted, there were many funerals that didn't have much family or friends attend.

Yoongi, who had just turned ten, wore a black suit and was silently crying to himself while his father placed his hands on his son's shoulders, to show him that he wasn't alone.

"...may God guide her well to heaven and allow her to finally rest in peace..." the priest ended after reading some paragraphs from Bible and allowed the family to have some privacy.

His mother couldn't come to the planned funeral- or rather, she didn't want to.

She was currently being detained in a psychiatric clinic since her mental health had significantly deteriorated and was now showing signs of being a danger to her family and herself.

Once Mr. Min had informed her of their daughter's death, she simply stayed quiet and shrugged it off as if it didn't mattered.

The father knew that he had lost his wife, not only did his daughter leave his life but so did his the love of his life.

Mr. Min looked down at his now only child, his only family.

"...do you want to say something to DaEun?" The boy stayed silent as more tears pushed their way through down his red cheeks.

It was spring in South Korea and flowers were blooming to become their beautiful selves.

Yoongi looked down at the bouquet of white daffodils and held them ever so gently. They were his sister's favourite since they had looked so mesmerising with the faint colour of yellow inside.

He finally took a step forward.

And then another.

Another.

Towards her grave- his sister's grave. Once he finally reached a close enough distance, he could finally make out the engraved message on the head stone.

'The greatest mind control,
Is control over your own mind'

In loving memory of Min DaEun

1993 - 2009

The boy's lips trembled at the message, truly feeling that his sister was gone.

Forever.

If only he was older.

If only he was stronger.

If only he could have saved his sister.

Yoongi fell to his knees as he finally cried out his sobs.

"DaEun! I'm s-sorry! I'm so sorry!" Mr. Min couldn't hold back his tears either as he watched his son tremble before him.

"I'll make sure your death wasn't in vain! T-they will know! They will know that what they did was a mistake!... They took you away from, damn it!" The bouquet fell from his grip and on to the grave, splattering everywhere as they did so.

The boy suddenly stood up after wiping his tears away. Soon after he returned back to kneeling and then bowing in front of the grave.

He stood back up and repeated this. Over and over.

His suit was quickly getting ruined by the mud but he didn't know and nor did he care.

"Y-Yoongi... stop" his father called behind him as he hastily made his way over to stop him.

The boy, however, ignored him. Continuing to kneel over and over for his deceased sister.

"...I said stop-"

"Let go of me!" Suddenly, his eyes turned white, just like his sister's would when she used her powers and he controlled his father to let go of him.

Soon after, the elder was released from the familiar feeling of being mind controlled and was beyond shocked. Not only that but he was scared.

Yoongi released what he had done and was confused as to how he did it.

It was just like DaEun's powers...

He had DaEun's powers.

Scared for his life, Yoongi ran off in the opposite direction.

He didn't care where he was going, he just needed to run.

He needed to escape this reality that he called life.

...but not before avenging his sister's death.

_______________________________________

A/n: 😔