81

"I don't hate you, but I hate to
Critique, overrate you"

- Kendrick Lamar

_______________________________________

--------------------17 years ago-------------------

The sound of cutlery hitting against the plates as the family continued to eat their dinner bounced off the tiled kitchen walls.

A seven year old boy sat on one side of the table while his parents sat on the other side.

Usually, there would a girl sitting beside him but she hadn't had dinner with them for nearly a year.

Or rather, she wasn't with them to even have dinner in the first place.

"Yoongi... eat your food before it gets cold" the boy was brought back from his daze and looked up at his Dad before returning his gaze back on the food in front of him.

He didn't feel hungry that night for many reasons but the main one was that his sister wasn't there to persuade him to eat.

"...I'm not hungry-"

"Eat your food, dammit!" His mother yelled before slamming her hand on the dining table. Yoongi whimpered in fear as he retracted further back in to his seat and watched as his father tried to calm the woman down.

"Shouting is not the answer, honey" his mother whipped her head in her husband's direction before pointing at her scared son.

"He's been like this for a year now! The neighbours think I'm starving him because of how thin he looks!" Yoongi looked down in guilt, not meaning to cause trouble at the dinner table once again.

No one would believe that the little boy who sat there was the same boy from a year ago.

He was so bright, so cheerful, so full of life- and yet, he was the opposite of all those things.

"I'm sure they don't. They must understand the situation that we're in" the man tried to reason.

"They don't understand! That's why they give us looks everytime we leave the house!" His mother's voice only grew louder with each sentence.

"Calm down-"

"What if he's controlling you, too?!" Yoongi looked up after hearing that statement, shocked that his mother could even say that about him.

"Honey, he doesn't even have powers, remember?"

"It took Da-Eun two years for her to tell us she even had powers! What makes him any different?!" The boy could really feel the venom in her voice with every word she spat out at him.

"Stop it. Right now" Mr. Min warned, having had enough of his wife's delusional statements. The woman's eyes widened in fear as she looked at her husband.

"Oh no... he's controlling you! He's just like his sister!" She stood up in fear before walking away from her husband and son.

Yoongi didn't realise it but he had tears welling up in his eyes. He was scared beyond belief.

"Just like they said! Da-Eun was controlling me to love her! She was controlling us!" After Da-Eun was taken away by the local council, they had to explain that she might have used her powers for bad and that her teachers could confirm that she had issues with people in her class.

This had made the Min family realise that their love for Da-Eun could have been fake. A mirage.

But not Yoongi.
He knew his sister more than anyone.
He believed that she would never use her powers for bad and manipulate his mind for her personal gain.

He trusted Da-Eun and he will forever continue to do so.

"You actually believe them?! She's your daughter!"

"Who may have controlled my love for her! I don't even know what love is anymore- do I even love you?" Mr. Min was shocked. His own wife, the love of his life was doubting her feelings for him.

"...how could you say that-"

"Maybe Da-Eun forced us to think that we still loved each other... maybe all of this isn't real- our family, isn't real" she started pulling at hair once she realised that her life so far might have been all a lie. Yoongi's father quickly tried to stop her but she was very persistent in trying to get the thoughts out of her head.

"Yoongi! Go get your mother's medication!" The little boy watched with wide eyes at his stressed mother and was unsure of what to do.

"Now!" Yoongi was brought back to reality before scurrying off to find his mother's pills to calm her down.

This wasn't the first time that this has happened, but it still scared him every single time.

He just wished that Da-Eun would come back home to fix everything like she usually would.

_______________________________________

A/n: Yoongi baby 🥺🥺🤧