26

_______________________________________

"Hyori!"

"Leave me alone!" She screamed with what's left of her voice.

She was currently laying on her back facing the dull ceiling of her expensive apartment. Surrounding her were empty cans of cheap beer that she had bought on her way home from visiting Taemin's grave.

Everyday, without fail, she had visited the memorial.

Where her best friend since childhood was.

Where the love of her life was.

People thought the girl was crazy in love with the healer but saw it as a fan girl type of love. Not true love.

But they were wrong. She had loved him truly and purely. Maybe she was crazy, but she would rather be crazy than to care about what other's think of her.

She never wore makeup for the sake of others. She wore it to prove others wrong, to try and gain confidence in herself to be the Hyori she was today.

If anyone saw what Hyori was like when she was younger, they wouldn't believe it.

A girl with crazy curly hair, braces, big round glasses, acne everywhere- the complete opposite of what she was today.

She barely had any friends and she was bullied for most of her childhood because of her looks.

Hyori couldn't understand why she had to look differently to fit in when everyone looked so different to one another in their own way.

But soon after she realised it was because she looked ugly. She didn't fit in to society.

She was also really smart since her only friend was the quiet library that her school offered at break times. She read every book that the school owned and since it was rare for the school to get new books, she read them again.

The seducer did try to make herself fit into their mold. She tried changing her hair- didn't work.

She tried solving her acne problem- a fail.

She tried putting contacts in- it was impossible.

She tried her best, but no one cared.

Except for one.

She remembered that day clearly; from the weather to what clothes he wore on that day.

Taemin was homeschooled and finally, his parents allowed him to start public school.

All the girls swooned at his looks - he was a handsome young boy.

He was nice to everyone and they were nice back. What surprised Hyori was that he made the effort to sit beside the girl with the glasses.

His reasoning? He said she looked sweet and caring.

She will never forget those words until the day she dies.

The girls weren't all that happy with what happened. They made it their mission to stay with Taemin at all times or persuade him to play sport games with the boys so that they could cheer him on.

It was difficult for Hyori to talk to him since then. That could have been her chance to make her first friend. Someone who'll play with her and not care about her looks.

But she had to do something.

She had to step it up a notch.

That weekend was probably the most troublesome, most enduring days of her life.

She went through a whole make over. Her parents were unsure about everything but since their daughter had persisted strongly, they gave in.

Her curly hair was gone.

Her braces were off.

Glasses? Gone.

Her skin? Much better.

That day she walked in to school, everybody thought she was a new student.

They were right.

She was Hyori. The new and improved version.

The boys were playing football in the morning before lesson started, including Taemin.

Hyori strutted over in her short skirt, her unbuttoned school shirt, her straight hair flowing in the wind and got everyone's attention.

But she ignored them because she had one person in her sights. Once she reached Taemin, she grabbed his tie and pulled him in for a kiss.

The whole school was shocked. They wanted to know who this new girl was.

But that was made clear when she finally let go of the dazed boy who had red lipstick smeared on his mouth.

She told them her name.

And she told them that Taemin was hers.

What she didn't expect was for the boy to start laughing in front of her.

He had told her that he knew it was her as soon as she stepped foot on the field. How? Because her eyes still held the same sweet and caring-ness that he had saw on the first day he met her.

"Hyori! Please! We're worried about you!" Her dieter yelled from the other side of the door.

"No! I said go away!" Her hair had started to curl slightly from missing one of her hair treatment sessions. She was never going to show her face to the world. Not until Taemin can see her again.

"...Taemin! I love you!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Her powers never worked on those who were already in love. For years, she had told him her feelings- she had told him she loved him so many times.

But all her attempts never worked.

Because he was already in love.

_______________________________________

A/n: oh Hyori 🥺