58

A/n: wattpad is being silly with me and not letting add a gif to this chapter 😭 why Wattpad, whyyyyyyyyyyy

You guys can have a picture of me instead as a replacement🥺

___
|🐔|

_______________________________________

----------------------5 years ago-------------------

"Blurgh, my head... stop being so loud, Jin"

"Sorry! I'm just in a hurry" Jin explained while putting his pants on by jumping. It was skinny Jeans okay?

"Hurry for what? School is over, man" the german student yawned out from the top bunk.

"Just go back to sleep, I'll be back before you know it" as soon as he was ready to leave his campus dorm room, the plant manipulator booted it.

"You *yawn* better be back..." Jin could no longer hear his room mate as he had already made it down the hallway and out the building.

The campus was nearly empty because of the lack of students that morning but there were still a few roaming and heading to their exams still.

There were also fancy cars lined up on the dirt road near the auditorium where people have came to watch the modern dance competition.

Jin was one of those people.

Ever since his meeting yesterday with the masked dancer, he had wanted to see how the other danced on stage.

It was truly mesmerising in the dance studio so he couldn't even imagine how he would look on stage.

Whipping his head towards the large campus clock, Jin saw that he had a few minutes to get to the auditorium before the competition would start. Why am I doing this? I should be in bed...

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he knew that he wouldn't live it down if he didn't show up to the show.

Deciding to speed things up a bit, he manipulated the trees on the campus grounds to lift him up and pass him over to each other tree and towards the large building.

"Woah! Look at Jin go!"

"There he goes again, I'm guessing he's late for class again!"

"Good morning, Jin!" The students said while he passed by. Yes he was popular, could he help it?

"Thanks for coming! Right this way!" At the entrance of the building was his guide from a year ago. He knew she hated him but he didn't care, she wasn't the first and she will certainly not be the last.

As soon as she noticed the trees moving with Jin in their clasp, she made it her goal to close the doors and not let him in.

"Oh no no no, not today, Kim-" her efforts had gone to waste when Jin slingshotted himself in to the building and through the small gap of the double doors.

"Woo! I made it!" The korean exclaimed in victory before turning around to face the female.

"Well, if it isn't my guide-"

"Shut up and just enjoy the show" she mumbled before storming off. Pfft, funny... Jin thought before making his way inside that hall.

The interior was absolutely glorious, gold and red mainly coloured the hall and it showed how much money the academy had.

Since the seats were all full and Jin didn't want to bring attention to himself, he decided to stand at the back and beside the double doors.

The lights dimmed down and one spotlight was on aiming at the centre of the stage where the host stood.

"Welcome everyone to the annual modern dance competition 'Rising Stars'! Many international dancers have came across the world and are competing against one another for the winning title!" The crowd cheered in a mannerly way before silencing themselves shortly after.

"This year's theme is 'Phantom of the Opera'! The dancer's have prepared a group show along with solo performances. Shall we meet them?" Jin had wondered which part James got in the group performance as he clapped along with everyone else. One by one, the dancers came on stage with their beautiful garments and bowed before the audience. Where is James?

"Last but not least, Phantom!" The crowd cheered loudly for the main protagonist of the play to come out but no one did come out. Jin furrowed his brows before crossing his arms in thought.

"Sorry, ladies and gentlemen. I give to you, Phantom!" Once again, no one came on stage. Instead, a stage hand came running up and went over to the host before whispering in his ear.

"...I'm truly sorry, ladies and gentlemen but it seems our lead has ran off. We will call the understudy to take his place instead. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience" the audience started to chatter in disbelief amongst themselves at the news.

Jin found this to be shocking. James had practiced so hard for the past year for this day. He wanted to prove his father wrong on this day. But he ran off? Something was wrong and Jin could only hope that the other was alright.

_______________________________________

A/N: Jimin noooo, come back 😭