18

_______________________________________

"Did Namjoon come?"

"Sorry, sweetie. He didn't come by today" it was already night and visiting hours had just ended.

Usually the blonde hero would have visited with a basket of fruit like he had done for that past two weeks.

But not today.

"...I hope he's okay" you had to go and wash yourself before as you were getting new bandages to cover your leg.

"...you seem to care for Namjoon a lot" raising your head up, you looked up at the woman in front of you with scrunched brows.

"He's my friend, of course I care about him" your mother chuckled before carrying on.

"I didn't imply that you didn't. I meant that you care for him as more than a friend" you couldn't comprehend what she had said to you until you realised that she meant in a romantic way.

"M-Mum! I d-don't see him like that!" You could only watch her laugh as she closed her book momentarily.

"funny, that's what I said to my mother about your father" gobsmacked, you couldn't believe what your mother was trying to say and instead pouted in response.

"...he's a really nice boy, Y/N. If you ever change your mind, I will support you two"

"You're saying that like he has feelings for me already!" You exclaimed sarcastically.

"Doesn't he?" You didn't expect that response. Blinking a few times, you urged for your mother to explain.

"He visits you everyday and stays even when you're asleep. He came to the funeral for your sake since he knew you would need someone to be there for you. He saved you when you were taken away by the villains" your eyes widened. How did she find out?!

"Namjoon told me" you bit your lip in embarrassment, hoping that your mother wouldn't ask why you didn't tell her what happened.

"...He cares for you a lot, Y/N. I'm annoyed that you haven't realised that"

"Why is everyone so sure about what others feel for me?" You remembered when Myunghee and the Eros gang asked you about Namjoon and Jungkook. But it had seemed they had hit the nail on the head with Jungkook's feelings.

"Because we're the ones who are looking from the sidelines. We can tell. He has feelings for you and now he's just trying to make you reciprocate his feelings back" she sighed before returning back to reading her book. Does Namjoon... really have feelings for me?

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Hm? Who could it be" your mother asked aloud before standing up and walking over. If it was one of the nurses or doctors, they would have entered on their own.

"Oh? Mr. Kang! Nice to see you again" Mr. Kang?

"And you too, Mrs. L/N. Is Y/N awake?" You watched your mother nod before allowing him to step inside.

"How did they let you in? Visiting hours ended" you asked the older before he chuckled and sat on the chair beside you.

"You want me gone already, huh? The hero council permitted me to come" you chuckled along with him before allowing him to speak again.

"I hope you're recovering well?"

"I'm getting there" you smiled meekly.

"That's good to hear. I came last time but you were sound asleep, I didn't want to disturb you" you shook your head.

"I'm sorry for making you come for nothing"

"I needed to speak with Namjoon anyway so it wasn't for nothing" you remembered that the ice hero was also there when Mr. Kang arrived.

"You needed to speak with him? About what?"

"Well, Y/N... I'm going to ask you the same question I asked him" confused, you looked at your mother before returning your gaze back at the man in front of you.

"...will you join the new Protectors?"

_______________________________________

A/n: say whaaaaaaaaaa