89

"Not only will I soar again, I'll own the f*cking sky"

- Bohnes

_______________________________________

---------------------6 years ago-------------------

"Your son is so handsome- oh my!"

"Isn't he just?" The two woman fanned over the silent twenty year old who tried to eat his dinner peacefully.

"Congratulations for graduating" Mr. Kim smiled at his soon to be daughter-in-law. Joy smiled widely at the older male before looking over at the plant manipulator who sat across from her at the dinner table.

The Kim family had invited the Park family over for dinner in order for the children to meet for the first time and hopefully to get acquainted.

"I heard you're investing in a new hero academy?" Mr. Park spoke up from the other side of the fancy dinner table. The Park family were sitting on side with Joy in the middle and the Kim family were on the other side with Jin in the middle.

"Ah yes. The hero council said it would be nice to get some public recognition through this and I happened to invest in something else" this had drawn the other adults' attentions.

"Really, honey? What else did you invest in?"

"It's not what but who. There was an elemental hero trainee named Kim Namjoon in the hero academy I visited and he was magnificent. He reminded me a lot of myself when I was younger and because of that, he will definitely make it big in the world" Mrs. Kim clapped from the other end of the table.

"Oh, honey! That's wonderful!"

"I cannot wait to see this hero trainee" Mr. Park added.

"It's too bad that he had grown up without parents, if I didn't have a son already, I would have taken him under my wing by now" Jin rolled his eyes at the blatant responses before drinking his champagne.

"Doesn't have any parents? Did they perhaps pass away?" Mrs. Park asked, feeling sympathetic for the hero trainee.

"The academy had told me that his parents left him at an orphanage when he was very young" everyone (with the exception of the son) ah'd in response before Mrs. Kim spoke up.

"Enough about work, let's talk about these two!" She gestured to the two young adults.

"Yes! Our Joy is so excited about the wedding- she's already picking out dresses!" Mrs. Park exclaimed before feeling a nudge from her daughter whi sat beside her.

"Mother!"

"Oh come on, dear. Its nothing to be shy about-" the sudden noise of metal chopsticks hitting a plate hard had interrupted the lovely atmosphere and made everyone look at the person who had caused this.

"SeokJin!"

"Sorry, it must have slipped out of my hand" he said in a monotone voice. His mother was shocked at his behaviour and quickly tried to change the atmosphere to what it was before.

"Oh my- he must be getting shy from hearing about all of the wedding preparations" Joy nodded as she understood before looking back at the plant manipulator and sending him her famous warm smile.

The male clicked his tongue in amusement before rolling his eyes, making the girl frown at his response.

"A man shouldn't be getting shy, he must be confident always- Mr. Park is a great example"

"Oh please, I'm no where near your level of confidence Mr. Kim" and just like that, the table had returned to what it was before.

Jin looked at his expensive wrist watch to see that he had only a few minutes left until dinner finished and until he could go back to his room.

Joy kept trying to steal his glances and once she saw that he was reaching over to get a serviette, she interfered and got it for him.

"Here" the boy looked up at her before scowling at her gesture.

"You keep it" and with that, he stood up and began walking off to his room.

"Seokjin! Seokjinnie! That boy- I'm so sorry about that. He must be so stressed about work" Mrs. Kim apologised on behalf of her son.

"No son of mine will act like that in front of guests. I will make sure he will come back to apologise accordingly" Mr. Kim grumbled in disbelief.

Jin had heard everything and it only made him want to escape this hell he called his life.

_______________________________________

A/n: yes Joy from red velvet 🤣