41

_______________________________________

----------------------4 years ago-------------------

"I want everyone to take this chance to reflect on their grades and what they could have done better" your teacher said while giving out everyone's grade sheets.

It had been a year since you joined the hero academy and to put it simply, it wasn't what you had expected at all.

You thought that you were very much ready, having learnt how to make music and play every instrument- you thought you were ahead in the game.

You were wrong.

"Be thankful that your brain saved you to pass last year" you gulped nervously before taking the paper from your teacher and thanking her quietly. After handing yours, she had also given your new friends their grade sheets.

Breathing in deeply, you prepared yourself for what you were about to see.

Finally, you flipped the paper over and quickly skimmed past the information about you until you reached your grades.

Ethic exam: A
Hero laws exam: B
Physical exam: F
Team work exam: C

"Oh my- guys I passed the Hero laws module!" Jiyong jumped from his chair and punched the air in victory. He wasn't so much as stressed about the others since he knew he could excel in them.

"Shut up, mouth furnace. What did you get Minny?" The seducer asked while leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I got all As" Taemin boasted, happy that his efforts had shown through his grades.

"Me too! Except for Ethics... I got a D in that one" she pouted before looking up at the honey blonde.

"Can we go get waffles after this? I want to celebrate with you Minny~"

"Waffles? I want to come too!" The fire breather exclaimed after listening in on their conversation.

"Go away, ketchup head" Hyori threatened before the both of them started their usual bickering.

"What about you, Y/N?" Taemin asked once he realised that you were quiet. Turning around, you could only laugh nervously and scratch the back of your neck.

"I did really bad on the Physical exam..." there was one clear difference between you and the man in front of you. Taemin could defend himself in fights and you couldn't, meaning that you had to depend on others to protect you.

"Really? Miss Yoo is a really harsh marker so I wouldn't take it to heart" he explained while trying to reassure you. Smiling at his attempt of soothing your worries, the feeling of anxiety quickly rose up from your stomach and you didn't feel good anymore.

Taemin saw this.

"...hey, want to join my Taekwondo and Judo class?" You lifted your brow at the other's offer.

"Join? I've never done any of those types of classes before..." hand to hand combat was very foreign to you.

"We have a beginner's class starting soon and I can become your mentor!" Once Taemin realised that his plan of helping you was perfect, he grew excited at the thought of becoming a mentor.

"...I don't know... I'm not even sure I'll be good"

"You're a quick learner, Y/N. You'll pick it up in no time" ...maybe I should give it a try?

"...I guess I can always try-"

"You won't regret it, Y/N!" This had brought Hyori's attention away from the annoying Jiyong and to the conversation you were having.

"Won't regret what?"

"Y/N is joining me in Taekwondo and Judo" a snarl quickly grew on the seducer's face.

"I want to join too!" She exclaimed loudly before sending a glare your way. You could only roll your eyes at her usual antics.

"But you're already a black belt-"

"Please Minny! I just want to join you guys since it sounds fun..." here it comes... Hyori's famous sulky face.

"...aw, okay. You can join us this Friday"

"Thank you!" She lunged herself at the male and hugged him tight to which he accepted. As she hugged him, you watched her smile quickly turn in to frown while she glared at you.

You could only look away, annoyed that you weren't the only one who's joining the classes.

_______________________________________

A/n: everytime I typed Taekwondo, it would auto correct to Taekook... is my phone trying to tell me something? 😭