32

_______________________________________

----------------------6 years ago-------------------

"Nice work, Jin!" A classmate congratulated at the twenty year old.

Jin was breathing heavily as he slid down the rope carefully. It had been a few months since the plant manipulator joined the academy in Germany.

He was a little scared, even though he didn't like to admit it, if this new lifestyle was for him.

But his determination pulled through, not wanting to go back to his controlling parents and to his old boring life.

Training to become a hero was much more fun. He was allowed to use his powers in battles instead of decorating his house.

"I should do it again just incase" currently, Jin was in the hall designated for the dance students that rented it from outside.

It was the weekend, which had meant the training halls were closed and the students could study for the upcoming written hero exams.

Jin had no problem in the written exam. He could memorize a textbook within a week.

What he was finding difficult was to progress through his powers as the others were much more ahead.

He had obviously joined late so the academy weren't too harsh on him but he still wanted to try even harder.

"Come on, man. I need to study for next week's exam!" His classmate huffed out in distress.

"Then go ahead and study, I can lock this place up" Jin suggested while preparing himself to climb again. The classmate looked sceptical as he watched the make climb up the rope.

"...alright. You better close up properly!" And with that, he ran off after leaving the keys by the door.

"Finally, some peace and quiet" and so he continued his climb. The trainee was working on his upper muscles since he needed to learn hand to hand combat later. He never realised it before but he was so nimble, so fragile.

Like a flower.

If he was a flower, then his parents were the gardeners.

They were the ones who planted him in to the ground.

They were the ones who nurtured him to grow.

And they were the ones who had the scissors to cut him if he withered.

But not anymore.

"I control my life!" He growled out.

"Not my parents!" Suddenly, the doors opened up to reveal someone entering the dance studio.

Confused, Jin looked down to see who had came in when everyone was supposed to be studying. His eyes widened.

It's that boy...

It was the same boy he saw on his first day here. The dancer.

Jin watched as the masked boy walked over to the side to place his bag down before rummaging through for his special dance shoes. The dancer had yet to notice the plant manipulator who was a few metres above him.

Deciding to see what he was going to do next, Jin stayed where he was while looking down in anticipation.

The dancer finally put on his shoes and was stretching his body while walking over to the mirrored walls.

Jin could tell from the proximity that the boy looked Korean.

All of sudden, the two males had made eye contact after the dancer stretched his head back to look up.

"AH!"

"AH!" both of them yelled simultaneously before Jin slid down the rope, cursing under his breath from the burning sensation on his hands.

"Ow! Gah! I'm such an idiot!" The masked boy could only watch in astonishment at the sight before him. Mostly because of how he had spoken in korean.

"Y-you know korean?" Looking up from his red hands, the pained male could now see his face clearly. The boy had dark brown hair with matching brown eyes. Too bad the mask was covering his lower face.

"So you're Korean, too" Jin hoped that the other wouldn't recognize him and spread rumours around of a company heir joining their school.

"W-what were you doing up there?"

"What are you doing here?" The boy was caught out.

"Oh, err... well I wanted to do some dance practice before my next lesson... this is the only dance studio they have rented so it's the only place I can go to" seeing that the dancer was in a similar situation as himself, Jin relaxed a little.

"I was here to train on my muscles, but I'm done now so you can have the hall all to yourself" showing a small smile before making his way over to his stuff, the plant manipulator began making his way out.

The dancer wanted to stop him and ask for his name, hoping that he would get a friend in this school of strangers.

It wasn't like the students didn't want to be friends with him but unfortunately for the dancer, he couldn't speak a word of German. So when he heard the familiar language leave the other's lips, he was thrilled.

"Wait! What's your name?" Jin stopped in his tracks when he reached the doorway and looked back at the masked male.

"...call me Jin. What's your name?" The dancer was taken aback at the question, not expecting the other to ask. Not wanting to share his real name, he tried to think of one on the spot.

"Oh, err... call me...

...James"

_______________________________________

A/n: 👀👀👀👀👀👀