6

A/n: I really hope everyone is safe during this pandemic and I can only really pray for everyone to be okay 💗 Since my Uni has been shut closed, they cancelled all the exams and I won't be back to school until late September (so I have 6 months o...

Since my Uni has been shut closed, they cancelled all the exams and I won't be back to school until late September (so I have 6 months of literally nothing).

I have already typed up 30 chapters in the space of a week so I might be updating the book more frequently and hopefully keep you guys entertained throughout this lockdown🥺

Remember! Stay safe!💗💗💗

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"...I'll be fine. What happened to me today was just a one time thing... just don't leave me alone" you were scared that if your mind wasn't distracted, you would trail back to Taemin.

"I won't, I promise" smiling at the woman you loved unconditionally, you were thankful that you had a loving mother like her.

"I love you, Mum"

"I love you more, sweetie"

_______________________________________

The sound of rain hitting against the window and the shower being on in the background was all that Jimin could hear in the hotel room

He was currently sitting on the couch with his head leant back and his eyes closed. It had been a long time since he felt serenity, the feeling was almost unnerving to him at this moment.

However, it wasn't because of anything good happening, rather it was because nothing worse was happening.

Opening his eyes, his pink hair was covering his vision and with his mouth, he blew it out of his face.

It had been awhile since he had a haircut and now that his hair was reaching below his eyes, he decided that he should cut it soon.

The shower turned off and shortly after, Namjoon exited the bath room with a towel wrapped around his waist and another around his neck.

"Still up?" The older questioned while drying his hair.

"Mhm... are you any good at cutting hair, Namjoon?" He looked at the younger questionably as he tried to figure out why he had wanted to know.

"...I think I'm quite decent, why?" Lifting his head up, Jimin pointed at his hair that was now covering his eyes once again.

"Ah, I see... grab a chair" Namjoon sighed to himself before going back to bathroom where hopefully a pair of scissors could be found.

Doing as he was told, the lightning user stood up and walked over to the dining table before pulling out a chair and sitting on it.

Soon after, the Ice hero returned with the pair of scissors and an extra towel to put around Jimin's shoulders.

"Want it the same as before?" Jimin nodded before allowing the other to put the towel around him. Namjoon could tell that the Eros hero was acting differently, which was a given.

The blonde wasn't surprised when he heard about Jimin's disappearance in the beginning of the attack. He was slightly disappointed at the younger but was thankful to him nonetheless. If it weren't for him, you would have been in a worse state than now.

Grabbing the scissors, Namjoon began trimming away at the pink hair and bringing it back to what it was before. He also noticed that the dark brown roots were coming through and were contrasting with his bright dyed hair.

"You need to dye your roots again" Jimin looked at the mirror beside him and could see Namjoon standing and cutting his hair.

"I'll buy hair dye tomorrow"

"Why do you dye your hair?" Namjoon didn't understand why people would go through extra lengths to just dye their hair a different colour. It was expensive and time consuming.

"Oh, because I like the colour" Jimin answered honestly.

"So wear a pink hat then, why go out of your way to change your hair?" Namjoon looked at the mirror and saw Jimin's expression dampen at his words.

Once he realised that younger wasn't going to answer, Namjoon decided to silently cut the rest of his hair without continuing the conversation.

"... did Mr. Kang come to see you today?" Jimin asked after he remembered that he saw him and Namjoon talking on his way to your room.

Pausing for a second, Namjoon tried to think of a reason of how the hero knew who Mr. Kang was.

"...how do you know Mr. Kang?"

"Oh, I met him when Y/N was sent to Nightingale after the villain attack and I was told to stay with her" realising that Jimin did indeed go to Nightingale to stay with you, Namjoon proceeded to answer his question.

"Yes, he did"

"...did he talk to you about becoming a Protector?" The scissors stopped moving as Namjoon looked down at the lightning hero in shock.

"...how did you-"

"I saw him talking to Jungkook and V about it after he was finished talking with you. I forgot that I left my phone in their room so when I saw that Mr. Kang was there, I decided to listen in on the conversation" understanding how Jimin came to know the topic of the conversation, Namjoon pressed on.

"...what did they say?" He asked curiously.

"V was up for it, he didn't even bat an eye once he heard the question. Jungkook, on the other hand..." the older couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was then he remembered how he first met the copy hero and how he had introduced himself to be a future Protector.

"Jungkook rejected? At being a Protector?" He watched as Jimin nodded in response.

"They even guaranteed him anything he wanted if he joined the new Protectors but I guess he doesn't want anything right now... or what he wants is impossible to get, even for the hero council" both of them stayed silent with the sound of the scissors snapping away and the rain hitting hard on the window being the only noise.

"...done" Namjoon exclaimed after finally finishing cutting his hair while taking the towel off of the other so that he could get a closer look in the mirror. Jimin made his way over to the long mirror and saw that Namjoon was actually quite decent after all.

"Thanks, Joon" his ears perked up at the unfamiliar name.

"'Joon'?"

"It's a nickname for you- well, it sounds better than Ice king... you don't like it? I can call you by your normal name if you-"

"You can call me Joon" the ice hero interrupted the other before walking in to his room and closing the door.

Jimin smiled slightly at his unexpected response but his smile only grew when he then saw the sides of Namjoon's lips curl up in to the same smile.

_______________________________________

A/n: looks like barber Joon made an appearance 👀 (but then the idea of Namjoon with a pair of scissors and given the responsibility of cutting hair is making me feel a little unsettled... 😶)