8

_______________________________________

"Why did you say no?"

"Because I didn't want to say yes" Jungkook replied while lacing up his boots. Both Zeus heroes were finally being discharged today and were packing up their stuff to return back to the company.

"I can't believe I just saw utter crap leave your mouth" the younger snarled at Taehyung, seeing that he wasn't going to stop any time soon.

"You can say what ever you want, I'm not joining the new Protectors" after Mr. Kang's visit yesterday, the brunette couldn't stop thinking about the offer.

It was his dream, yes.

But he wasn't ready to achieve it yet.

"But why? The hero council can see the potential in you and offered for you to become one of the best heroes in this country! But here you are, rejecting their offer and for what? So that you could stay in the same level as you are now?" Jungkook was astounded at how much effort the size shifter was putting into persuading him.

"Why do you want me to join the Protectors so much? Shouldn't you be happy that you got in?" This took Taehyung off guard as he asked himself the same question. Why am I trying so hard?

"...because, the Jungkook I know will regret it later" picking up his bag of clothes, Taehyung made his way to the door and turned around to face the other once more.

"I'm going to see Y/N... you should too" and with that, he left after closing the door behind him. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Jungkook already knew the answer about whether he should see you or not.

He couldn't bring himself to see you, not while you're covered in bandages and on a hospital bed because it would prove his point even further.

His point about not joining the new Protectors.

Suddenly, a knock disturbed his thoughts.

"No, Taehyung. I'm not comi-" the door opened to reveal someone else. Almost by reflex, a snarl began to appear on his face at the person in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked bitterly.

"...The doctor said you were going to get discharged today so I wanted to come and see how you were before I go back to Athena" Seonghwa replied quietly while still standing at the door.

"If I'm being discharged, wouldn't that mean I'm okay to leave?" Jungkook retaliated sarcastically before chuckling darkly.

Seonghwa stayed quiet as he tried to think of a response before his eyes landed on the pile of comics.

"I see you got the comics..." confused, the Zeus hero turned his head to look at the books and remembered that Jimin brought them in.

"Actually, there's one good thing that came out of your visit today-" Jungkook walked over and picked up the comics as well as his bag before making his way towards the shape shifter.

"You can take these back" after dropping them harshly in Seonghwa's arms, the brunette finally left the stuffy hospital room and made his exit.

The Athena hero looked down at the books before looking at his younger step-brother's retreating figure.

"...Mr. Muscle!" Jungkook stopped in his tracks as he heard the familiar superhero name.

"He was your favourite hero when you were little" hesitantly, the copy hero turned around to see the other holding up a Mr. Muscle comic. His favourite comic.

"You had a crush on Lava woman so that's why you never bought a Shark man comic" Jungkook was shocked at how Seonghwa knew that and he had now had his full attention.

"How do you-"

"You hated Shoto because of how confident and smug he was. You collected every hero card and one time you lost your LavaWoman card and I spent days trying to find it for you" his eyes widened in realisation. He... found it? Scratch that, he knew about my favourite heroes?

Jungkook would always keep his cards and love for superheroes a secret as he knew that his mother would take them away if he misbehaved. Which would have meant that Seonghwa had no clue either about his love for heroes... or so he thought.

"...how do you know?" Keeping his eyes locked on him, the shape shifter gulped before answering.

"I know because... because you're my little brother... and I want to be your older brother" Jungkook's heart ached slightly at what he said. It was as if he saw Seonghwa in a new light. All this time, he thought the other just wanted someone to be better at in life - his little step brother. But was Jungkook wrong?

...no

"...so you've been snooping around my stuff back then? I bet it was because you wanted to use it against me and tell Mum... Brothers? Pfft, yeah right" turning back around, Jungkook returned back to scowling and walking towards the hospital exit.

Seonghwa could only sigh, seeing that his efforts had gone to waste once again.

Maybe it was time to stop trying?

_______________________________________

A/n: poor Seonghwa 😔