45

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

"But I want to have a go!"

"But you can't read!"

"I can!" You yelled wholeheartedly at Sooyeon. It was currently reading time for the children and your mother was allowing some of them to come up and read a book of their choice as a after class exercise.

But it was difficult for you, a five year old who had to continuously move around the country had meant that you were a little behind everyone.

"What does that say then?" The other girl challenged while pointing at a word on the wall behind you.

You turned around and saw that it was a long word, your worst enemy.

You could make out the letters, that was easy enough for you. But you still didn't know what the word was.

"...ses-...sensina-"

"It says sensible! See? You can't read!" The other children were looking at you as the waited for your response. But your mind had made them look like they were looking down on you, making fun of you with their eyes.

Before your tears could fall, you ran out of the library of the orphanage and tried to find a place to hide.

Your vision was blurry and you could only think about how those children were looking at you. Like you were strange.

You'd always hide in a secluded space when you cried, you didn't want to bother your mother since if she saw you like that, then she might make you stay home with your father instead.

You didn't want that.

You wanted to play with your new friends.

Running to the first room you saw, you hid under the kitchen table and didn't notice that there was a person sitting on one of the chairs, trying to do his work.

Your muffled sobs filled the quiet kitchen as you hugged your legs tight after sitting down on the floor.

The boy was so confused, he had never seen you so distraught before- you were always a ray of sunshine.

He had wondered what happened to have made you like this. Or rather, who happened.

The blonde boy had no idea why but he felt like he needed to punch that person that caused you to be like this.