"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part I

Summary:  In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Cue canned music...

Slightly shaky black and white video opens on scene of Sheldon and Amy in white lab coats standing in Sheldon and Leonard's living room...

"Greetings, young scientists-to-be and their assorted dull-witted sibling followers and hangers-on and associated bullies-in-training...And welcome once again to the Adventures...Adventures...Adventures... of Professor Proton...Junior..." Sheldon notes, pointing to whiteboard behind him on which is written... "The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr."

"I hope you're ready to share in this week's Odyssey...odyssey...odyssey... with me...This one a rather special adventure in multiple parts..."

"Oh...A miniseries adventure, at last!" Dr. Amy in lab coat clapped hands.  "I know I've been waiting for this one all year, Prof P, Junior!"

"Indeed...And best of all..." Sheldon began...

"With chills, thrills...And...Romance...All wrapped up as a present to our fans in our Proton Christmas Special." Amy beamed.

"Yes..." Sheldon, frowning...At the notion of Romance, Christmas "specials", and Dr. Amy in lab coat and Santa hat, with bells in hand.

"Are you jingling...?" he glared.

"Yes, Professor P.  And what's more, I'll shortly be giving the scientific explanation of how we put the jingle in jingle bells." Amy beamed, jingling again.

"The things one must do to repay one's significant other for nice Christmas cookies made with devoted love and lots of lard based on Meemaw's recipe." Sheldon sighed.

"Exactly her recipe..." Amy corrected.

"It's still blackmail..." he frowned.

"Sheldon!  You promised me romance..." Amy hissed, giving pasted smile to camera.  "And sex sells!  Look at Penny's career...It's the only thing that kept her in acting so long!"

"Hey...Cut..." Penny, staring...

"Yes, indeed...And sold badly too...Least until she combined drugs with sex..."

"Double...Heeeyy!" Penny cried.

"Sheldon!  Apologize."  Amy insisted.

"Uh...Amy..." Penny, carefully.  "You insulted me first, actually..."

"Oh, grow up, bestie...You've been in the business awhile before realizing you had no future in front of the camera." Amy frowned as Sheldon gave arch smile.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Some time later...

(Amy having apologized mightily to a sobbing Penny in her bathroom...The prospect of getting to do a romantic scene or two in a Christmas special with Sheldon in her persona as "Dr. Amy" having overwhelmed her to the point of irrationally striking out at anything or –one potentially interfering.)