Nothing Else Matters

*Warning: oh nooooo here I go again*

Heeey 😃

I have nothing to say 🤔 nothing that matters.🤷🏻‍♀️

Enjoy!

Perrie's POV

Here I am. Lying down on the trampoline, looking at the blue sky.

As days go by, I feel time going slower and slower... and I'm feeling lonely... don't get me wrong. I have my boyfriend here. And Ellie is the best cousin a cousin could ever ask for. But still, I couldn't help but feel something was missing.

I like being at home. Go back with the family and feeling normal, like a human again. But no matter how much comfort these two said individuals bring me, I can't reject a big part of me. A part that arrived almost ten years ago and doesn't seem to go anywhere anytime soon. Luckily. That part was Perrie Edwards, the singer; the quarter of Little Mix.

I missed that part of me. It was one of the reasons I asked Jade, my best friend, to come and stay a few days with me, at my place; to save me from this new routine.

And because she never disappoints me, here she is.

"Ouch!" on top of me. "Jade!" I growled when she jumped on me, more because of the sudden attack than for the attacked feeling per se.

"Come on, grannie! Jump!" she giggled. "I have like half hour calling for you" she told me. Then muttered: "are you okay?"

"The sun is knocking me out" I muttered, faking agony. "I don't know how much time I have left".

She slid next to me, smiling, but kept her arm around me. Gesture I appreciated: feeling her so close again felt so good.

"Are you finally going to tell me why you asked me to come?"

"Oh, right..."

I took a deep breath and sit down on the elastic bed, facing her.

"See..." I started, directly. "I keep thinking things have been weird with Alex lately".

"Weird how?" she asked me, furrowing her brow.

"I don't know; we're really close, physically. Because we have to. But, somehow, I feel him farther away than ever" I lamented. "I sense something is going on, and... I needed more company. Plus a more centred point of view too" I explained: "Ellie is amazing, but she's used to Alex, so she won't notice the same things; I felt Leigh is going to try to find parallelisms with mine and her relationship with Andre, since they're both football players and stuff, but it's not the same... and Jesy, well..."

"Yeah, I know" she nodded, understanding.

"Besides all of that, I choose you because since the moment I thought about it, I got too excited and couldn't get myself out of the idea" I admitted, grinning: "I was really looking forward to see you again".

"Me too" Jade told me, smiling at me fondly. "And thank you for trusting me like that".

"Always" I assured her.

"And, so far, what I can tell you is you shouldn't worry too much" she said. "Whatever happens, will happen for a reason".

"I guess" I sighed.

I was about to lose myself in thoughts again, but Jade gave me two soft yet distracting slaps in my cheek.

"You'll be okay" she smiled at me, like fighting the thoughts in my head. "Have I ever let you down?"