27

It's the next day. I'm sat in the meeting room while Johnathon gave his presentation. He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday. I'm so tired. It's still quiet early and I was up most of the night with Emma. Yes we were doing exactly what you're thinking. Anyway the meeting lasted an hour and a half before he finally finished.

"Thank you all for coming out here. I shall see you later on for our next meeting. Go enjoy the rest of your morning" Johnathon said as he turned his slides off and gave a smile to the group. Everyone started gathering there things. Including me of course. "Regina I wish to speak to you please"

Sounds about right. I knew this would happen. I waited for everyone to leave before walking closer towards him. He sat down at the table and gestured for me to sit. So I did.

"What can I help you with"

"Regina you have always been my favourite here and you work incredibly hard. Your successful in your career and life. You had the perfect husband. Your very smart. Why would you date someone like Emma" Johnathon asked as he looked at me with a genuine face of concern.

"Before I answer I have a question. Why are you against her? Why do you not accept her being gay? Why do you discriminate against her the way you do? Why do you hate her so much" I asked showing I'm truly asking for an answer here.

"Because she's like a normal girl. She walks into people's lives and wrecks them. It gives her joy. She is entertained by making a straight married girl fall for her then leaving them to deal with their husbands. That's Emma's entertainment and if you think your any different then I must disagree" Johnathon replied making sure I knew he was serious and concerned about me.

"You don't know her like I do" I cut in knowing the real Emma is the one I love.

"I've known her longer than you. I know what she's like. I've seen it. She has meaningless flings to fill some emotionless void. Once she's done with you she will leave with your heart wrapped around her finger" Johnathon explained bas if I truly didn't know all of this.

"At this point of my life I wouldn't be angry or care if that happened because the time I've spent with her has been the most amazing experience of my life. The most amazing this I'd ever seen was watching her hold my baby for the first time in that hospital and seeing her face light up. I've never ever felt like this for someone and honestly if she walked out my life now I'd be broken but I'd be happy she stayed as long as she has with me because I love her"

I started to get too emotional. I can feel my eyes wanting to tear up but I held it back with all my mighty. Johnathon just looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"Why her? Of all the people you could have loved why her" he asked with a face so baffled that I knew he wasn't kidding.

"I find myself asking that every day. The answer is simply. Because she's her. She's amazing and talented and way too smart for her own good. She's beautiful and brave and strong and independent. She means the world to me and she makes my life complete. I love her almost as much as I love my children. Emma doesn't try to be like everyone else. She's different in an incredible way and she loves that. After everything she's been through she finds away to smile at everything. She's my inspiration" I admit as I finally expressed my true and soulful feelings for her.

"Whoa" I heard a girl breath out from behind me. Me and Johnathon both looked round to see Emma stood there with tears I'm her eyes. I gave her a small smile causing a large one across her face. "Do you really feel that way about me"

I stood up from my seat causing an even more shocked look from Johnathon. I walked over to her and placed my hands against her cheeks. Wiping a single tear that escaped her eye.

"I meant every word of it. I love you too much" I admitted with a smile so bright it made the sun look dark.

"I love you even more" Emma replied as she made it obvious she couldn't hold her tears in any longer.

I chuckled a little and pulled her into my arms. I held my amazing girl in my arms and melted into her touch. I don't usually express my feelings like that but hearing John speak like that made me emotional enough.

"I need to finish this" I softly said into Emma's ear before starting to pull away. I looked round at John who was just looked confused. "I don't care if you accept this. We just felt you deserved to know"

"Emma" he asked as he turned his full focus onto her. She held my hands and stepped closer. Nodding for him to talk. "Are you serious about this? Look me in the eye and tell me the truth. This isn't a fling right" Johnathon questioned as he gave a stern look to his adopted daughter.

"It's not. I love her... So so much" Emma replied as I felt her grip tighten around my hand.

"Then do what you want" he said with a shrug and a face to show he really didn't care about us.

"Thank you" I simply replied as I knew ma wouldn't say anything.

We quickly left the room and walked away a bit so we didn't have to speak to him again. Once far enough we stopped and looked at each other.

"Thank you... For saying all that about me I meant. Thank you" Emma softly said while slipping her arms around my waist.

"How much did you hear" I asked unsure if she heard the first part.

"All of it. Don't worry. I'm never leaving" Emma softly replied with a smile as she pulled my body closer.

"Well I meant everything I said mi amor. I love you"

"I love you too Gina baby"