13

It's the next day. I'm sat in the back of a taxi on my way to the prison. Roni and Emma are sat with me of course. I'm just staring out the window as we approach the dull building. That's when I felt a hand fall on top of mine.

"You alright" Emma asked softly noticing I'm just very quiet today.

"Yeah. I'm nervous. I haven't seen him in 16 years. I feel guilty that I haven't but at the same time I don't. If that makes sense" I replied as I turned to face the pair next to me.

"That's understandable though Gina. After what he did I'm not surprised" Emma said in a gentle voice as she rubbed her thumb against my hand.

"Yeah ma. Don't feel bad. It's gonna be alright" Roni added as she gave me a sweet smile that I rarely see from here.

I smiled back at the pair before turning to the window. I watched as the taxi came to a stop just by the entrance to the building. That's when my nerves really kicked in. The taxi man told us the price and I quickly paid before getting out. Now I'm just stood staring at the door.

"I never imagined I'd be here" I said mostly to myself as I began walking through the door.

"Really? You didn't plan on seeing him before he died" Emma questioned clearly thinking it was always my plan to say goodbye.

"I haven't thought about him in years. I don't even know what he looks like anymore" I replied with a slight chuckle that this is actually happening. We went to the reception area where a male guard was sat. "Regina Mills. Veronica Mills and Emma Swan to see Ryder Mills"

"Identification" the man requested barely looking up at the three stood there. We each handed our forms of ID to the man and waited as he looked at them. He then nodded and handed them back. "Put any phones and metal objects into one of those lockers then go through that metal detector"

"Thank you"

We all did as we were told and went through the detector. A woman patted each of us down before directing us into a room. There was glass screens between our side and the other. A few inmates talking to the person on the other side. We went over to the end section where we were told and waited. Now I'm really nervous. So much so I'm actually shaking.

"It's ok Gina. It's ok" Emma softly said as she held my hand and soothed it in her grip.

I slowed my breathing and just kept myself relaxed. I then saw him sit down in front of us. He looked the same. A small bit of stubble on his chin bit apart from that it was him. His hair hasn't changed. His face hasn't changed. Nothing has. My body shut down for a second. Froze completely as I saw the man who killed my parents.

"Ow my god" I breathed out finally as I kept my watery eyes locked on the man.

"Regina? That's you? Ow my god look at you. So different" Ryder said as a shocked but happy smile form on his mouth.

"Ryder? I've missed you" I said as a year or two ran down my cheek and I placed my hand on the glass.

"I miss you more. Ow how I have missed you. You'll never understand how much I do" Ryder added placing his hand opposite mine on the glass window.

"I didn't think I missed you until I saw you. How do you look the same? You haven't changed a bit" I said with a smile as I thought about all our good memories together.

"You have. My little sister is all grown up" Ryder said chuckling as he smiled brightly at me. His eyes then fell to Roni. His mouth dropped at the sight of her. "Is that your daughter? My god she looks exactly like you"

"This is Veronica. My eldest. Roni this is Ryder" I introduced as I moved to the side a little so he could see her better.

"Hi Roni. I was gutted I never got to meet you" Ryder said with a smile at my daughter knowing full well that is what I looked like when he last saw me.

"And you. You and ma look so much alike" Roni said as she flicked her eyes between me and my brother.

"We got that a lot. Where are your other three" Ryder asked while turning his attention back to me.

"At home. I've lied to them enough and there too young to understand so it's easier not to" I replied knowing I don't need more trouble in my life.

"Lied? What did you lie about" Ryder asked as I know he always remembered me as the good one who didn't lie.

"My affair with her" I simply replied glancing across at Emma with a soft smile.

"Wait your gay now" Ryder quickly asked with a face full of confusion.

"That was my reaction" Roni cut in with a chuckle as she looked round at me.

"I'm not gay. Maybe bi but I don't know. Anyway Ryder this is Emma. My girlfriend" I said as I lifted up my hand that was holding hers.

I then realised that's the first time one of us said that. We just kind of started dating. Never actually said it. I chuckled to myself a little before looking back at Ryder.

"It's ashame I had to meet you like this. I feel like I've missed so much. All because I was high and angry" Ryder sighed as we both thought back to that scary night.

"I'm sorry I haven't came. I couldn't bring myself to come" I admitted knowing he already knew that.

"It's ok. I understand" he softly said with a kind smile that I missed so much. "I'm just glad I got to finally meet you Roni. I remember being told I was going to be an uncle and I was fuming that she got pregnant" Ryder said to my daughter causing us all to chuckle.

"I think your exact words were are you taking the fucking piss" I added as I remember back to when I told him.

"Yep. I wasn't too happy about that. Not until I got sent a picture of the scan. That made me smile" Ryder said as he thought back them with a smile on his face.

"Here. This is a picture of my other kids" I said as I took a photographer from my pocket and held it to the glass.

It was a picture of all four kids with me and Ethan. Its one of the only ones of all of us. I glanced at Emma and remembered why I gave that up for her. Because she's perfect. I soon snapped our my little trance when I heard Ryder speak.

"Ow my god. The boy is just like you as well. Is that the boy you dated in school? Roni's father? What was his name? A basic white boy name wasn't it" Ryder asked as he looked at Ethan's face hard to figure it out.

"Ethan and yes. I need up marrying him" I replied with a chuckle as I held Emma's hand more with a smile.

"Ethan that was it. Basic white guy name" Ryder said laughing at the silly comment he came up with.

"I always said that" Emma added causing the pair to laugh more together.

I smiled at my brother as I remembered all our good times. He had one of the best sensed of humour in the world. I then remembered that night. My smile faded a little as I knew he was going to die next week.