4

"Seriously"

"Amber don't" I quickly said with a sigh knowing she is about to freak out.

"No. I'm gonna. You break up with dad for her! Then you have the audacity to kick him out and invite her over" Amber snapped as she looked at me like I was a monster.

"I didn't kick him out. Sweetie you don't understand what's going on here" I sighed in exhaustion as I stepped a little closer still worried to get to close or she'd run away.

"I do. I don't know why I bothered coming down" Amber huffed before running back up stairs in anger.

I sighed and rested my head on Emma's shoulder. She wrapped her arms around me and held me close. I hate all of this. Emma rocked me gently side to side to sooth me.

"It's alright. She'll come around" Emma softly said as she kept my body close to hers.

"I hope so" I replied as I slipped out her arms and gave her a small smile. I then heard the alarm on the oven. Telling me the lasagne is done. I moved some of Emma's hair behind her ear and stepped away from her. "Come on. Dinner is nearly ready"

Emma followed behind me into the kitchen. I saw Roni sat at the island with a glass of orange juice in one hand and her phone in the other. I went over and took the glass.

"Oi" Roni snapped as she reached out to try grab it.

"I'm checking" I replied before taking a large sip of the liquid inside. I tasted it was just in case it had alcohol in it. I know what my daughter is like. It was just juice. "Alright there you go"

"I'm not that bad that you have to test all my drinks" Roni huffed as she snatched the glass out my hand and took a mouthful.

"You are" I replied giving her a look like she's crazy. I went over to the oven and opened it. When I looked in I knew exactly how long it needed. I put the timer on and put it back in for another 4 minutes. "Can you go get your siblings please"

Roni huffed as she stood up. She walked towards the back door in a slouch. I just sighed and went over to the table to set the cutlery.

"Is there anything you want me to do" Emma asked walking over to the table next to me.

"It's alright. Just sit down and prepare for Billie" I replied with a chuckle knowing she is my most misbehaved child out if them all.

"What's wrong with Billie" Emma asked a little unaware of the craziness that comes with her.

Just on time Billie runs into the kitchen from the back. She was covered in mud. Liam chased after her with two muddy dogs. I sighed at the fact Billie done this to all of them.

"Dogs out. Pongo. Perdita. Out" I said as I noticed the mud trail across my floor. As ordered the two dogs ran back outside. Roni then walked in looking annoyed with mud on her face. "Billie what did you do"

"Mum she slapped me with her muddy hands" Roni snapped as she looked at my other daughter in anger.

"Dinner will be ready in 3 minutes. You all have 3 minutes to get changed and wash this mud off your face. Roni help them" I ordered in my strick mum voice to get them to do as I said.

"But she slapped me" Roni huffed as she pointed at the mud on her cheek.

"Then wash it off. I'll deal with you later Billie" I warned as I pointed towards the door to get them all out. All three left the room in a huff. I saw the mud across my floor and frowned in annoyance. "Can you finish the table for me while I clean the floor" I asked with a begging smile towards Emma.

"Of course" she replied with a chuckle as she stood up from her seat.

I grabbed the mop from the bucket and began cleaning the mud. I saw the two dogs just sat by the door looking at me. Wanting to come in.

"No dogs. Stay" I softly said with my finger pointed at them to show I meant no.

I closed the back door and let them play around outside together. I'll hose them down later. I finished cleaning the floor and put the mop back. The timer on the oven then went off. I went over and took the lasagne out. The smell of it filled the room and made a smile on my face.

"Whoa that smells good" Emma said with a large smile printed on her face.

"KIDS! DINNER" I shouted up as I carried the hot tray over to the table.

Billie came running in and slipped straight on the part of the floor I cleaned. Emma quickly caught her before she fell to the floor. I flinched thinking she was going to crash on the floor.

"Thanks Emma" Billie said with a smile as she wiggled out her arms and ran to her seat.

"Billie don't run" I sighed as I watched the other two walking into the room. I looked to see no Amber. "Roni where's your sister"

"There" Roni replied as she pointed at Billie confused.

"Amber" I sighed looking at her like she is stupid.

"Ow she isn't coming down" Roni replied while sitting down next to Liam on the table.

"AMBER CATHERINE MILLS. GET DOWN HERE NOW" I shouted up in the doorway as I'm growing tired of all this.

"Ma she ain't coming" Roni sighed as she began cutting herself a slice from the tray.

"I'll take her some up. Kids be good. Billie stay there. Do not get up" I warned knowing my youngest daughter needs to be watched at the table at all times.

"Fine" Billie pouted as she crossed her arms and looked at the empty plate.

I dished up a plate and left the kitchen. Walking upstairs and to my daughter's bedroom. I knocked on the door before opening it. It's locked.

"Open this door young lady" I ordered in a very stern mum voice.

"Fuck off" Amber snapped as she threw a heavy object at the door that startled me.

"Language! Don't you dare swear at me" I angrily warned now growing frustrated she said that to me.

"And don't you dare kiss her in the place you kissed dad! Don't you dare say you love her in the place you said you loved dad! You broke your vows to him and you lied to us! This is so not ok" Amber screamed as her voice cracked making it obvious she was crying.

"Mi hija open the door please"

"No!"

"If you don't like her then that's ok. I'll break up with her but it will never change how I truly feel about her. If it's what you wish then I'll leave Emma" I softly said as tears came to my eyes at the fact she's crying because of me.