10

I arrived at my house with Emma by my side. I unlocked the door and went into the house. It was a good atmosphere in here. I smiled at the noise level. No screaming or shouting.

"Hello" I called out now letting go of Emma's hand and stepping more into the house.

"Hey your back" Ethan said as he came out from the kitchen to see me. His eyes then fell on Emma. They use to be friends. Becoming rather close if I'm honest. They haven't seen each other since I told him. Ethan looked angry at her and stepped a little closer. "You"

"I'm sorry" Emma softly said looking worried at what might happen.

"You were my friend... You were my friend and you slept with my wife. How could you" Ethan angrily asked in a temper that is rarely ever shown on him.

"Ethan please. Not today. Us three can fight all day next week but today please don't" I requested as I stepped in front of Emma in case he got angry and done something bad.

"Ok. I'm sorry" Ethan replied as I looked down annoyed to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry too" Emma added as she stepped a little closer to me to look over my shoulder.

"Em can you go on to the lounge. I'll be there in a minute" I softly asked as I looked round at the beautiful blonde. Emma kissed my cheek and nodded. Heading towards the lounge as I asked. "How did it go with the kids"

"They are calm now. Regina if you want to take a few days away from the house to calm down and regain yourself. I can stay here and watch them" Ethan offered as he gave me a kind smile and held my right shoulder in his hand.

"I might actually take you up on that soon. Thank you" I sighed in exhaustion as I kicked my shoes off by the door.

"I'm going to head off. Roni in her room. Amber is in the kitchen getting lunch. Billie and Liam are out back playing" Ethan said giving me an update do I know what to expect.

"Thank you. I really needed a break so thank you" I softly said now moving in to give the much taller man a hug.

We stayed in the hug for a few seconds before pulling away. With a final wave he was put the door. I went to the kitchen to see Amber stood there. She looked at me and gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry" Amber said kindly before looking back down at her buttered bread.

"It's ok sweetie. I'm sorry too" I said in reply as I gave her a slight smile with a chuckle.

I was about to speak when my phone started ringing. It was unknown. I turned towards the door and answered the call. Before I could even ask who it was an answer machine played.

"An inmate from the North Carolina's death row prison is trying to contact you. Press 1 to accept the call"

My body froze. I haven't heard that I'm god knows how long. I looked at the phone and quickly hung up. I can't deal with that. I can't deal with my brother today. My body is still just frozen in place. I can't move.

"Ma? What's up" Roni asked as she came down the stairs looking confused at me.

"What? Nothing. I'm fine" I quickly said making it very obvious I wasn't ok. Roni just looked at me like I was crazy. "I'm fine. I promise. Emma is in the lounge. I need to talk to all of you if that's alright"

"Sure. I'll gather the other three and meet you in there. Ma are you sure you're alright" Roni asked knowing that I clearly wasn't ok.

"I'm fine. Thank you mi hija. I'll meet you in there" I replied as I walked towards the lounge with an obvious fake smile.

I went into the living room and saw Emma sat looking at her phone. She then looked at me and smiled sweetly. I am still too distracted by the call I just got. I know full well it's written across my face.

"What" Emma asked looking confused at why I was so spaced out and scared.

"Nothing. I'm fine" I quickly replied now snapping out of my thoughts and directing them to her.

"I don't believe it but we can talk later" Emma replied as she looked at me like I was crazy.

I hate that she knows if I'm lying. Not that I lied very well then but still. I sighed and walked over. Sitting by her and placing my head on her shoulder.

"I haven't felt like this in years. The last time my anxiety hit me like this was a week before my wedding day. Don't worry though. When we get married I'll be cool about it" I said with a chuckle knowing me freaking out about that would freak Emma out more.

"Us? Married? What" Emma asked looking a little worried at me like I said I'd kill her.

"Hey calm down. We're not getting married yet" I laughed as I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheek.

I knew marriage would freak the girl out. It's lucky I'm still married. The kids walked into the room and stood in a gather by the door. Liam pushed through his sisters and ran to me. Hugging me tight. I giggled a little and held him close.

"Your not leaving too are you" Liam asked in his little scared voice that always breaks my heart.

"Of course not. I need you guys too much" I replied as I pulled out the hug and smiled softly at him. I looked up at my girls and gave them the same smile. "Come and sit around. We're going to talk and let everything out"

My daughter's came more into the room and sat. Roni sat on the arm chair while the other two sat on the floor. I lifted Liam up to sit on my lap even though he was really heavy.

"If it makes you guys feel better I can leave" Emma kindly suggested as she sat up more to get ready to leave.

"No. You should stay" Amber quickly said to stop her from leaving.

"Yeah. I mean you gonna be around a lot anyway so might as well" Roni added as she slouched down in the arm chair.

"Thank you guys" I said with a large smile knowing they are accepting this more and more. "So I want to talk about how I've been feeling and then I want you all to talk as well"