3

It's the next day. Ethan has moved in with a friend until he finds a place. I offered for him to stay but he wanted to go. It's about 4 o'clock and I'm preparing the lasagne for dinner. Billie is sat doing her homework in front of me.

"What's 16 ÷ 4" she asked as she tapped her pencil against the counter and looked at the page intensely.

"4" I replied as I glanced up at her confused little face.

"Yeah 4. What's 16 ÷ 4" Billie asked thinking that I was asking not telling.

"No sweetie the answer is 4. The way you can test it is flip it. 4 × 4 = 16" I replied as I put my knife down and walked around the island to see her work.

"Ow I get it now. So the answer is 4" Billie questioned as she began writing the number in a box.

"Yes sweetie. Your doing so well at your maths" I said with a smile as I ruffled her hair and walked back to my chopping board. Amber walked into the room and stopped in the doorway. Just looking at me. "Hi mi hija"

"Hey Amber" Billie said with a smile as she looked round at her older sister.

Amber waved back at her before walking out. Ignoring me completely. I sighed and chased after her. I can't let her be mad at me forever.

"Amber wait" I called out as I caught her shoulder before she got to the stairs.

"What" Amber snapped as she spun round and out of my grip.

"You can't be mad at me forever. I know what I've done is wrong but I'm not doing it for fun. I'm crazy about Emma. I really am" I softly said as I held her hands in mine and gave her a small smile.

"You still broke this family. I'm still mad at you. Just leave me alone" Amber sighed as she took her hands away and began walking up the stairs.

She ran off upstairs. I sighed knowing she wont talk for awhile. I went back to the kitchen seeing Roni stood there. I just looked confused at where she came from.

"How did you get there" I asked looking at the girl eating an apple.

"I walked in. I was out back" Roni replied with a shrug as she began walking towards the door quickly to leave.

"Was she really out back" I asked not sure if I'm just going crazy or not.

"She came that way" Billie replied looking just as clueless as me.

I shrugged the thought of and went back to cooking. I'm very stressed and nervous today. If you couldn't already tell. I watched over Billie while she was doing her homework. I put the lasagne in the oven knowing it should be cooked for when Emma gets here. I took my apron off and fix my hair as I walked around to see my daughter.

"How much do you have left" I asked seeing she was near the end of the page.

"Just this one and them I'm done. After can I go play out back with the dogs" Billie asked as she looked towards the door to see them both sat out there.

"Of course. Just finish this last one then get your brother and go have fun" I replied with a smile as I kissed her head softly.

She quickly started scribbling at her page to get it done. I looked down at my work clothes and knew I had to change before Emma got here. I went upstairs and headed towards my room. As I passed Liam's I saw him still in his uniform. I walked into the room to catch his attention.

"Hi mummy" he said with a large smile from the floor where he was playing.

"Sweetie how many times do I have to tell you. When you come home from school" I started as I waited for him to finish my statement.

"Take off your uniform. Sorry" he pouted as he looked down and stood up from the floor.

I looked to see the cat sat where he was wearing a hat and tight tie around his neck. It was Liam's school tie. As my brown haired boy began getting out his uniform I quickly took the tie from the cat. Leaving him to rush off out the room.

"Mi hijo I've told you many times. Don't put the tie on Puss. It strangles him" I sighed as I began to leave his bedroom.

I won't tell him about Billie wanting to play because he won't get dressed other wise. I continued down the hall until I got to my room. I got dressed out of my work clothes and into a pair of light jeans and a white blouse. I don't want to look like I'm dressing up for her because I want this all low-key. I retouched my makeup and fixed my hair. The door then knocked. Shit! She's early. I rushed downstairs before any of the kids could answer. I opened it to see her smiling.

"Hey beautiful" Emma said as she gave me a brighter smile and held a bouquet of roses to me.

"Hey. Awe thank you these are beautiful" I added as I took the flowered and stepped in to hug her.

I held her close as all my stress finally left my body. I just melted into her touch. I kissed her neck softly but refused to exit the hug. The sound of footprints running down the stairs is was caused us to split. I looked round to see Liam jumping the last step before noticing us.

"Hi" he excitedly beamed as he gave a frantic wave to the blonde.

"Hi Liam. I guess you remember me" Emma questioned with a smile and wave back at my son.

"Of course. Do you remember me" Liam replied while walking towards us with a happy teethfilled grin.

"How could I forget you. I even remember you like Harry bows" Emma said as she took off her rucksack and opened it. She pulled a big bag out causing my son to jump for joy. "There you go but not before dinner"

"Thank you!" Liam cheered before running off towards the kitchen excitedly.

"That was sweet of you" I said before planting a soft kiss against Emma's lips.

"Mum! Amber stole my phone charger but is claiming it's hers when it's not" Roni shouted as she came down the stairs in anger at my other daughter.

"Use mine for now and I'll get it later. Say hi to Emma" I replied as I kept my arm around her back and looked up at her to gesture her.

"Hey em" Roni said casually like she was a friend in the family for years.

"Hi. If you want a tip then put nail varnish on a little part of the charger so you know it's yours" Emma said with a chuckle as it's clearly what she use to do.

"Cheers" Roni thankfully said with a smile and a nod to show she was grateful.

Roni then walked towards the kitchen. Most likely getting food. I turned to Emma and put both my arms around her. Just smiling up at the amazing girl she is. I placed a small kiss against her lips that was deepened instantly.

"Seriously" Amber snapped from the stairs which startled both of us to look at her.