32

Me and Emma left the restaurant once we finished our date. It wasn't as bad as we thought but definitely not the right moment to propose. Maybe another time.  We were walking towards my car which was parked round the corner.

"Despite all that. I had a nice night with you" I said as I reached across to hold her hand.

"The nights not over. What do you say we drop the car off at your friends house and we go out" Emma suggested refering to the friend that lives close to a club we like.

"That's very tempting" I said with a large smirk across my face at the thought.

"Shall we then" Emma asked as she leaned against the door waiting for me to unlock the car.

"Alright" I chuckled as I unlocked the car and opened the door.

Emma smiled excitedly and for in. This causes me to giggle as I done the same. I put the keys in the ignition and started the car up. It wouldn't start. I tired again. Still no.

"What's wrong with it" Emma asked as she looked across at me confused.

"I think the battery is dead" I replied as I tried a third time to do it. I then remembered Emma had the music on while she fixed her hair and I got our table. "Did you leave the music on" I asked looking across at her with an eyebrow raise.

She just looked at me. Clearly trying to remember if she did. Her eyes then went wide and I sighed as I knew the answer.

"Shit. I forgot to turn it off" Emma said as she looked at the radio shocked she left it on.

"Fuck. The car is dead now" I sighed while dropping my head against the wheel with a large sigh.

"I'll go call someone" Emma said as she got out the car with her phone.

Tonight is not going as I planned. How am I supposed to propose now? I got it in my head earlier and now I want to. I guess it will be another night. I waited in the car for about 5 minutes before she returned.

"What they say" I asked really hoping we can get it sorted quickly.

"They will come get the car fixed and going again but it will be about an hour or 2 wait. We have to stay obviously" Emma awkwardly replied knowing that's not the answer I wanted.

"So we're stuck here for two hours" I huffed as I threw my head against the seat I was leaning on.

"Yeah. Sorry baby" Emma replied in a gentle voice as she placed her hand against my thigh.

"It's alright. We can figure something to do" I replied as I racked my brain for an idea. I saw it was dark outside but remembered it's not cold. The sky was clear and beautiful tonight. "I got it" I said as an idea popped into my head.

"What is it" Emma asked quickly as I could tell she had nothing.

I got out the car and manually moved the roof so it went down. I then climbed into the back of the car and moved the back seats so they were slanted more. I led down on one of them and looked up to see the beautiful view. I then looked at Emma and patted the space next to me.

"We can still have a romantic night together" I said with a smile as I waited for her to cuddle up with me.

Emma gave me a bright smile and climbed into the back. We cuddled up and looked at the sky. Admiring the beautiful view.

"I like this idea" Emma softly said before placing a soft kiss against my head.

"Me too" I replied now looking up and moving to kiss her softly.

As we pulled away we just looked back up. I then saw Emma pick her phone up. After a few seconds soft music played. I just chuckled and snuggled more into her. We stayed like this for ages. Talking about random stuff and talking about nothing. It was just peaceful. I then heard dance for me come on and a smile grew on both our faces.

"This song" Emma said as she looked at me with a chuckle.

"Our first ever kiss and dance together" I added as I laughed at the crazy memory of us drunk.

"Come on" Emma said as she sat up and held my hand.

I chuckled and got out the car with her. Since we are in an empty carpark with no one around its not that bad. We danced together to the song just like we did in that bar back when we first met. Naturally Emma sang along with the words and I just laughed at her. She held my hand and spun me away from her body. As she brought me back we were stood close together with our lips inches away.

"Kiss me like you did that night" I said biting my lip at the beauty in front of me.

Emma moved her hands to my hips and  pressed her lips against mine. Softly until I joined the kiss. We just stayed there together. Emma slowly pulled away and smiled.

"Our first kiss was to the best song" Emma said still laughing at the memory of that.

"Hopefully that will be our last kiss as girlfriends" I softly said as I just looked into her eyes and held no facial expression to tease her.

"What? Why" Emma quickly asked as she let go of my hips and looked worried.

I just stepped away from her and walked towards the car. I went into my bag and quickly grabbed the ring. As I turned back she was still looking worried at me. I walked over to her and smile. Slowly moving down onto one knee.

"We had our first kiss to this song. I hope to have our first engagement kiss to it too. Will you marry me Emma" I asked as I smiled at her so brightly and held the ring towards her.

"You asshole" Emma laughed as she slapped her head for falling for my tease. I chuckled along at her reaction. "Of course I'll marry you" Emma replied still laughing at herself and the situation.

I smiled brightly as I stood up. We both pulled each other into a kiss. One that was deep and passionate. The song was still playing in the background as we kissed. We slowly pulled away and looking into each others eyes. I'm teared up because I'm so happy.

"The ring" I quickly said knowing I forgot to put it on her.

I slipped my mother's engagement ring on her finger and kissed her hand softly. I looked up to see her admiring it. She then looked at me and smiled brightly.

"Its so beautiful"

"It was my mother's"

"I love it. I love you" Emma softly said with a loving look into my eyes.

"I love you too" I replied as I leaned back in to kiss her whole the song finally ended.