Ch. 8 - Phone Calls

This chapter is dedicated to JustKaylay. Her stories are phenomenal, especially Clothes Aren't Just For Closets, It's Like Love, But On A Post-It and It's Like Monoply, But Physical

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabella:

I went to start my ignition but my phone rang. F*ck U Silly by Nicki Minaj and Cassie began to play, I looked at the caller ID and it said “Daddy”. COME ON! WE JUST LEFT THE HOUSE … LIKE FIVE FRIGGIN MINUTES AGO! HE CAN’T SERIOUSLY BE CALLING ME FROM THE KITCHEN WHILE I’M IN THE MOTHER FRUDGIN DRIVEWAY! I decided to be nice and answer.

"Hey Daddy" I said in an exasperated tone.

 "Hey Princess" he said with a hint of surprise in his voice. I guess because I’m the respectful child he didn’t expect that “tone” from me.

"So... what's up?"  I asked in the same bored yet annoyed tone of voice.

"Well first do know where Jace is?" No I don’t know because he magically decided to drive his own darn car today.

"Yeah the idiots right here shoving his face with vanilla pudding. "  hehe naughty thoughts again…

"HEY! I'M NOT AN IDIOT!" Jace yelled in the background.

"This coming from the guy who insulted my baby! AN EXACT REPLICA OF HIS!" I yelled back.

"You're a meany."  He then pouted like a six year crossing his arms over his chest which consequently caused his muscles to flex. Ooohhh lalala …. NO STOP ISA! HE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!

"And you're an idiot, so what's your point?"

 "My point being that you're a meany."

"I'd rather be a meany than an idiot!"

Just as Jace was about to reply my father interrupted (quite loudly if you ask me) "QUIET! NOW THAT'S ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU!"

"Yes sir" we both mumbled.

My father the chuckled and said " That's okay. Your mother and I were the same way."

Jace and I looked at each other confused, probably wondering the same thing 'What the heck is he rambling about now? '

"Okay Daddy? So. If there a point to this phone call beside to confuse the crap out of us?"

"Now, now, don't get snippy," I rolled my eyes as he continued.

"First Isa stop rolling your eye at me its impolite whether I can  see you or not. Secondly,  I need you and my boy to train some new meat. Then take them to Tony for branding. " I stiffened slightly but tried to remain calm for the remainder of the conversation.

“Okay Daddy, is that all?" I asked taking deep, steady breaths.

"Yeah, Oh and Jace?" my father called.

 "Yeah pops?" Jace asked, slightly distracted by my current state.

 "Take care of my little girl for me." He said in his “oh so very authoritative” voice.

"I always do, Pops, I always do." He replied still not paying attention to my father but keeping his eyes locked on me the entire time.

"So I'll see you when school lets out, yes?" He said in his “oh so very authoritative” voice. AGAIN. Seriously! We get it, you’re trying to be serious. Jeez Louise! Just chill with the darn voice.

"Yes sir" we said in unison.  With that he hung up and I sighed deeply.

 I began to hyperventilate as I realized we would be training new meat. Jace pulled me into his lap and rubbed my back comforting. I lay my head in the crook of his neck and breathed deeply enjoying his scent. He smelt of vanilla and a manly musk. All in all he smelt good and his scent helped me relax. He rubbed my back whispering soothing things in my hair. I sat up and felt wetness on my face. Huh? I had been crying? Wow! And I thought I was over that. Ha, I guess not. “Isa,” Jace whispered softly. I wouldn’t look up so he gently yet forcibly tilted my chin upwards with his index finger until I was looking into his exotic gray eyes. “Isa nothing and I mean NOTHING is going to happen to me, to you, or to the guys. We won’t allow it okay?” I nodded but I still wasn’t convinced. He sighed knowing I didn’t believe him. “Isa we love you and at the time we were young and naïve. It won’t happen again. You have nothing to worry about. We would take a bullet for you, literally, so turn that frown upside down and let’s get to getting.” I cracked a smile even though I was trying really hard not to.

Now I know what you are thinking. Why am I crying and why are guys just offering their lives away for me? Well you see I HATE newbie training with a fiery burning passion. They always turn out badly. And as for the guys well I don’t know. I mean I know it’s their “job” but they are also my best friends and we’d do anything for one another. Now again you are pondering. Don’t lie, I know you’re curious. Well now you ask what newbie training is and why I hate it. Yes, I am not physic. Maybe I should start from the beginning and you’ll understand. My name is Isabella Hope Theresa Ann Andria Santo Mortaccio and I am a …. no no  wrong article …. THE …. there we go… THE Mafia Princess. As in my family is Italian royalty and my father is the head of the Italian Mafia.  Shocking! I know right! But seriously, close your mouth you might catch flies.  Let me explain and then you’ll understand my hectic life.