Ch. 30 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water

This chapter is dedicated to mercy123454321. I love her Nicki and Alex series. Go check her stuff out, tis really good. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lia:

"I think I should tell you the back story before you think I'm crazy." I looked up to make sure I had her undivided attention. Isa nodded so I took a deep breath before continuing. "Please don't interrupt. Please, I'm not trying to be rude but you're the first person to ever hear this." Again she nodded, zipping her lips and throwing the key away. I took one last deep breath before starting that horrid tale of the past.

"Evan and I grew up in a cliche fairytale. We hate each others guts yet we were the best of friends. We never questioned why we were friends just like peanut butter never questioned jelly and Bobby never questioned Whitney. Any who, we knew everything there was to know about the other. Around age thirteen, you know, the age where puberty first starts," I looked up to see Isa chuckling like she was fond of that age, "we decided that we should date. Secretly, of course, because our parents always warned us never to get to close because blood was thicker than water. Being naïve, we never actually paid any attention to their wise words. The relationship lasted for about maybe a month and then we came to the mutual agreement that we were better off as friends."

"Our lives continued happily. That is, until it happened. It happen when we were about fifteen. Evan and I each received texts saying get home quickly, it was an emergency. It had to be a dire emergency, for our parents never texted us in class. We left fourth period in a rush ignoring the teachers threats of suspension and possible explosion if we didn't get back. I remember we were taking a test on the different levels of government. That all seemed so minor compared to what waited for us at home.

"We rushed to my house first since the text came from my dads phone. The house was eerily quiet, an unusual thing since Evan and I were always making noise. We walked into the kitchen and found a note taped to the fridge stating that there was a surprise for us at Evan's house. The note was written on a napkin in a messy manuscript that belonged to neither my dad or Evan's mom. That was our second clue that something was amiss, the first being the text messages.

"We rushed over and found the front door open, another unusual thing but we took no notice to that. We walked in quietly, the urgence of the text message still lurking at the back of our heads. Evan pulled my hand and we slowly walked through the house. As we approached the kitchen, muffled cries could be heard. Pushing me slightly behind him, Evan pushed open the kitchen door and we came face to face with a stranger who had a butcher knife pressed against his inner arm.

"At the time, we didn't know he was Evan's biological father, we just thought he was a suicidal psychopath who broke into Evan's house. We ran to call the cops because the man had yet to look up and notice us yet. I was almost to the telephone when he looked up and called our names. He said them with such hatred and venom that I froze up momentarily. I still remember what he said to this day.

"Hello Leah Ann, Amilio. How are you on this fine day?" I stayed frozen, rooted to the spot I stood on. Evan subconsciously moved closer to me and that seemed to make the unnamed stranger angrier.

"Ah, my son, you have grown to be a fine young man. And you, Leah Ann, you may not come from me but you sure are a pretty one."

Evan took that as his cue to speak up. "What are you talking about?" He spat. "I was told my father left when I was a mere newborn so there is no way in hell your my father." I had never heard Evan speak in such a way before. It frightened me a little.

"Oh yeah?" The stranger questioned, he seemed slighty amused yet pissed off to the highest degree. "Did you ever stop to think that it was not me that left? Did you ever think that it was your mother that left me?" Evan stayed quiet but I shifted uncomfortabley behind him.