Ch. 22 - Who Do I Look Like? Sherlock Holmes!

Isa POV

My alarm went off at noon signaling I had slept long enough. I slowly sat up and looked around. It was unusually quiet. I wonder where everyone is.  I’ll go look for them as soon as I use the bathroom. I walked to the first bathroom I found and did my business. I washed my hands and walked out.

I started looking for everyone but I couldn’t find them anywhere. Fifteen long minutes later I found them all sitting out at the pool lounging around. Wow. I’m an idiot for not looking here first. Everyone was talking amongst themselves completely oblivious to my presence.

 I slide the glass door open and the newbies and Tony looked up at me. Tony gave me a small wave and turned back to his conversation. I gave a small smile and went to sit next to Jace. He still hadn’t looked up at me, nor had Jay and Alphy. They, just like Jace, were staring at their soda cans with extreme interest. Something was up.

 I looked over at Tony a few feet away and all he did was smirk at me and give the ‘I had nothing to do them fools’ hands gestured. I sighed knowing I’d get nothing out of him. I turned to Lia and noticed that she was fighting back a smile. I raised an eyebrow at her but she made a heart with her hands signaling she loved me and shook her head no. Crapola. I was counting on Lia too. Way to go Lia, way to let a girl down. Whatever happened to chicks before dicks? Huh? We SO need to have a talk.

Anyways I was getting desperate. I wanted to know what everyone knew and why I couldn’t know. I know that makes me sound noisy but oh darn well. I wanted to know. I was about to start using my blackmailing tactics when the doorbell rang. Jace, Alphy and Jay hopped up so fast you could have sworn someone set a fire under their behinds. I let them run off to the door like fools. Now’s my time to find out.

“Tony, darling. You know that thing we discussed at dinner last night?” I asked in my sweetest yet most intimidating voice. I saw him gulp and nod his head slightly. Good I’m getting to him.

“You wouldn’t want me to confess your little secret, would you?” I asked in a sweet and threatening way. He shook his head so fast I thought it was going to fly off his shoulders. Okay now,  I have him in my trap.

“Antonio, sweetie, I won’t hurt you as much even if you give me a hint. Wait to be more specific you and the newbies can each tell me one word if that helps with guilt you all are apparently feeling the same thing. I mean look at y’all. You are sweating brick and look nervous as hell. I wonder why? Maybe you’d like to tell me why?” I paused for a second and it looked like my mini intimidation was working. How they let a hundred and fifteen pound girl intimidate them I’ll never know, but if it worked in my favor then so be it. About five minutes had passed and I was starting to get impatient. I sent Tony a pointed look and he rolled his eyes.

“Okay fine, we will all tell you one word but under my rules,” sighed Jace. Then he turned to the newbies and said, “Guys … and gals… we all know what she is oblivious to so the one word is limited to only nouns and minor adjectives. If the person before you says something that could possibly get her to figure it out you have to pick a new word. Deal?” Everyone nodded and faced me.

Tony took a deep breath then started, “Pudding.” What the hell? Um okay? Next.

“Boobs, boobs, boobs, boobies, boobies, boobies, boob sand boobies, boobies and boobs, ” giggled Lia. Wow, someone is high. I don’t think she counts now.

“Lia! That’s more than one word,” scolded Tony playfully. She rolled her eyes and continued to giggle like a sugar high little kid.

I looked at Nierra, Tierra, and Kierra hoping to get more useful information out of them. They huddled for about thirty seconds then looked up at me.

“Vampire, Werewolf, RAWR!” They said it in perfect unison. Wow, the triplet thing is getting to me. Okay those answers so aren’t helping me with Tony’s pudding and Lia’s boobies. Got damn it. They are going to die if I don’t find out.

I looked at the next one in line. It was Evan. Perfect.

“Hey buddy,” I purred. I saw him visibly shiver and gulp. He took a tiny step back before looking me in my eye.

“Leprechaun.”  That’s all he said. I’m confused now. Is that his word or is he insulting my height. I glanced at Tony and saw him rolling on the ground in laughter. Damn idiot.

Ash and Archer walked up to me with smirks on their faces. I was ticked off already and I had a feeling they were gonna piss me off.

“Lucky.” That’s what Ash had to say. He wasted a smirk to say luc- My mental ramblings were interrupted when archer decided to say his one word.

“Sporks.” Okay I like spoks. Spoks are good. Maybe I’m making progress.

I looked at who was left. Nina, Skylar and Tylar were all sitting in the pool on inflatable chairs with smug looks. I’m getting tired of these pointless clues and I doubt these last three will help me.

“Sparkles.”

“Ultiio.”

“Manejo de la ira.”

They all yelled at me before jumping in the pooling. I wonder if that’s probably apart of their clue probably not. I’m not sure what Sky and Ty said but I’m pretty sure it was both Spanish and Latin. Ugghhh, worst damn day ever.

I turned on my heals and headed for the house. I had a splitting headache and I was tired of playing their childish games. I’ll figure it out sooner or later and when I do they’ll regret it.