Ch. 19 - Best Friends Make The World Better

This chapter is dedicated to twin-nikki. I love her stories especially, Secrets, Lies and I 'Effin Love You & I 'Effin Love You Too. Go check them outs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I feel ...," he paused and sighed. "I feel as if I'm going to lose her to him and I don't even have her yet. What if there is more to them than meets the eye? I mean she looked sad earlier but before that she was perfectly happy. I don't want to seem jealous and overbearing but what if I give her my trust and ... and ... and ... nothing. Just nothing, forget I said anything and let's go back to the house."  

Alphy ran his hand through his hair again and stood up. I followed suit.  I then grabbed Alphy's hand and pulled him towards the telescope.  

"Alphy look out the telescope." I commanded.

He looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head.

"Look. Now." I commanded again.

AGAIN, he shook his head.

"Alphonso, so help me G.O.D., if you don't look out this telescope right now, I'll tell the guys about your collection of Star Wars condoms. And then we'll use them. NOW LOOK." I threatened.

"Oh Isa, I'm shaking in my boots! Tell the guys about my condoms and I tell Jace about that SpongeBob thong you bought last year.  And if I may ask a personal question, aw hell I'm go ask anyway. Who go use the condoms? Sure as hell not you! I mean it's not like Jace gettin' it in any time soon, sooo... who using them, because last time I checked the guys have their own? Ohhh last question then I'll look out the dirty telescope filled with dirt and boogers. Why would you call on Good Ol' Dude? (A/N G.O.D. is Good Ol' Dude, not God, as in the religious figure)  I mean do you SEE him anywhere near here? No! So don't be calling the closet hobo breaking his rest like that!" he finished with a huff.

I looked at him with one eyebrow raised before asking, "Are you done yet because we really need to leave soon but you will hear my speech!?"

"Fine, fine." He sighed before looking out the telescope. When he was done he looked back at me expectantly.

"M'kay, now what did you see?" I asked.

"Um, I saw some people driving their kids to school,  a couple arguing, a squirrel climbing a tree, and G.O.D. sleeping in his fort. What's the purpose of this?"

"Okay so now that you have looked out the telescope, I'm going to tell you what my grandma told me long ago. People come and go in your life and if you don't trust them than they can never trust you. As you go along in life with that person or persons you'll be friendly and cordial but you'll never fully be yourself. So essentially you'll have a fake relationship with the person.

Alphy you have to learn to let people in. It can't always be me and the guys. If you feel Lia may be the one, even this early in the game go for it. Because if you don't, you may lose something beautiful and you'll regret it every day. I don't want you to have that feeling. So trust Lia. She seems like a good person and she seemed really sad that you brushed her off, or was there another reason she was sad?" I questioned.

"Wwwwweeeeelllllll," he started stretching out the word, "I kind of told her not to speak to me and whatever we may would have had if officially over. So yeah, I regret it and I guess that would make a person sad."

I felt bad, I honestly did, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't make him not say that and I can't make her not feel how she feels. I sighed and looked across the park.