Ch. 15 - Newbie Love

This chapter is dedicated to Ace-Of-Hearts. Her story Surviving the Andersen Brothers is really cute. Go read it....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Isabella’s POV

Daddy went home so now it’s just me, the guys and the newbies. We walk back in to the warehouse lounge and got comfortable on the sofa.  The newbies stood awkwardly in the corner waiting for us to finish getting settled.  I was on Jace’s lap resting my head on his chest. Alphy was resting his head in my lap while curled up into a ball. Jay, the Midget, and Tony stretched out fighting for space. Once the guys settled their issues, I nodded for the newbies to begin.

Evan stepped up first and said “K so you know my name is Evan and I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Jiu-Jitsu.” “Cool beans you and Alphy should give it a go sometimes.” He nodded and fell back as I yelled “NEXT.”  Lia stepped forward next looking very shy and timid. I gave her an encouraging smile and nodded. She said “You also know my name is Lia and I specialize in Grand theft auto, larceny, and embezzlement.” I felt Alphy squirm in lap so I looked at him strangely. He had a look that said “I’ll tell you later” on his face but his eyes held a certain sparkle that I haven’t seen in a long time. I nodded slightly knowing all the guys saw our little exchange and his face.  The newbies continued to introduce themselves and once they were done I have to admit I was impressed.

The girls were beautiful in their own unique way. There was Nina who was an average height, about 5’3 or 5’4 with jet black and random blue highlights. The style suited her face and the highlights made her eyes pop. I saw Tony eyeing her but I didn’t let him know I saw him.  Then there was Tierra, Kierra, and Nierra. They were identical triplets who lost their parents to a drunk driver. They were about 5’6 with blonde highlighted hair (It wasn’t obnoxious like Sasha’s but subtle as if it belonged) and icy grey eyes. They were identified by their favorite colors or their highlights. Tierra had green, Kierra purple and Nierra orange. They were arsonist and pyromaniacs. I think I liked them the most because I am the biggest pyromaniac you will ever meet.

I could tell the guys were cool by the way they addressed me. They spoke as if I were a peer to them but held a sense of authority over them. I liked it that way and the girls were the same way. There was Ash and Archer who both had chocolate brown hair and eyes. They weren’t related but knew each other from school. They were best friends that so they lived together. Ash specialized in chemistry. Weird I know but Archer reassured me it’s really cool and helpful in certain situations. Archer was a graffiti artist and trained/certified sniper. Lastly there was Skylar and Tylar who were fraternal twins. They were pick picketers and hackers.  Skylar was a brunette with a spiked up slightly. Tylar was the opposite with shaggy blonde hair. Each had red streaks running through their heads. They said it was their signature twin look. I laughed at them but Nierra, Tierra, Kierra, Tony, and Alphy agreed saying all twins had one similar trait that they kept the same to keep their bond strong. I thought that was load of baloney until Jace rubbed my collarbone reminding me of our tattoos and the Midget and Jay’s.  I then understood what they were talking about and just nodded letting the subject drop.

It was about eight o’clock when everything was finished.  I dismissed the group saying I would see them tomorrow morning at 7:45 sharp. They were transferring schools and moving into the new house Daddy bought. He wanted to keep an eye on the newbies, since they were underage and all lived alone.  I woke the guys up and told them it was time to go. We all agreed to stay in our house tonight as we didn’t want to wake up Mom and Dad. The guys left first then Jace and I left after locking up everything and turning the alarm on. 

I pulled up to our house and saw the lights were on already.  Jace got out and I followed close behind him. When we got to the door Jace swiped his card, punched in his code, and then unlocked the door. Yes Daddy had our house on lock down. He only agreed we could live together if he added security to each door and cameras in every room. It was weird at first but now after our first house blew up we see his reasons are sincere.

 I walked in and ran to the kitchen. The guys were at the table waiting for me to say grace so we could eat. They had bought Raising Canes to butter me up. For what? I don’t know.  I sat at our triangular table and extended my hands out. Jace took my left hand, and it was a chain reaction of hand holding, head bowing and eyes closing.  “Bless us O Lord and these thy gifts, For which we are about to receive, From thy bounty, Through Christ thy Lord, Forever and ever. Amen. “ They all replied amen then did the sign of the cross and began to eat. It was silent for about ten minutes when Alphy interrupted the silence. “I like Lia … a lot … like love at first sight …  a lot” he said. We all nodded then said “We know.” He looked shocked as hell.

Alphy (Alphonso) POV

WTFH! How could they know?!? I just came to the realization myself! I mean I know they are the ones who know me the best but still. “How did you guys know?” I finally manage to stutter out. They snicker which irritates me because it isn’t funny at all. “Stop laughing I’m being serious here!” I whine which causes them to snicker more. Isa finally calms down and speaks for everyone. “When you specifically chose a girl that looks like Sierra Renéa and proposed to her we knew you were serious. You could have easily just asked for money or sex but no you proposed so that’s how we knew.  Fattywatty you don’t hide your emotions very well plus dude … your eyes are … like … well … sparkling.” she says in a matter-of-factly voice. What? Sparkling? Nuhuh! My eyes don’t sparkle especially since that day.

*Flashback*

“Alphonso you have to pick. It’s me or that brat! She is always with you and at first I thought you were being a good friend by babysitting but then No! She comes before me all the time. I don’t think so it’s either I have all of you or none of you” “Sara please don’t make me chose I don’t think you will like the outcome.” “ARE YOU CHOOSING HER OVER ME!?!??” I nodded weakly looking at Sierra’s weak and limp body in my hands. “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!! SHE’S JUST A KID! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO HER? SHE CAN’T PROVIDE FOR YOU LIKE I DO! I THINK YOU ARE INSANE!”

My temper flared and I resisted the urge to strike her. I normally wouldn’t hit a woman put she is pushing my buttons.  I leveled my voice before speaking letting all the venom in my body seep out into my words “Get. Out. Now.” She laughed and sat down looking up at me defiantly. I repeated myself and still she sat. “ISABELLA!! JACE!! TONY!! PAULY!! JAYLEN!!”  I screamed. They ran down the stairs alert as hell. “WHAT’S WRONG!?!” they yelled in a creepy unison.

“Pauly and Jaylen take Mia to Felix and tell him she had another attack because my ex attacked her.” They nodded while Isabella screamed in rage. Jace tried to calm her down but it wasn’t working. I didn’t blame her Sara induced Sierra’s attack and it was now a life or death situation if she didn’t get the proper help immediately. “Awww is the big bad boyfriend going to stop me from beating the shit out of his girlfriend. The brat had it coming and he” she sneered towards me “can’t do anything about it! I hope the bitch dies!” With that she began to laugh and Isabella lunged at her. She beat her to death and all Jace, Tony and I could do was watch silently. We didn’t stop her because we knew she deserved it. Wish death upon a child is one thing but wishing death upon a sickly child is another thing.

When Isabella called it, Sammy came and disposed of her body. That was a time when he was helpful and didn’t say a word.  I finally broke down into silent sobs as the one person I truly loved showed their true colors. She was gone and so was my heart. The guys stayed with that night as I cried myself to sleep and had awful nightmares waking up every hour on the hour. All included Sara striking Sierra and then trying to suffocate her.

*Flashback Ended*

“LIES!!” I screamed in an accusing yet joking tone. They chuckled at my immaturity then Tony spoke “Bro, I’m glad you have found someone else. I know Mom and Dad would be proud.” I smiled at the thought of my parents. “Yeah I guess you are right. You know I love you guys right?” They nodded and smiled as the room slipped back into a comfortable silence.